Cats And Speaker Grills

Options
candyliquor35m
candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
edited July 2005 in Vintage Speakers
I saw this on TV a while back and it seems to work so I thought I would pass it on. To keep your cats from scratching up the speakers grills, spray a shot of cologne or perfume onto the grills once in a while. The cats do not like the smell and avoid the grills.
Post edited by candyliquor35m on

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Okay, but how do you keep a Jack Russell puppy from chewing corners of walls and stuff? Luckily my cat doesn't scratch up stuff anymore and the puppy doesn't ever get close to the sound system.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by ND13
    Okay, but how do you keep a Jack Russell puppy from chewing corners of walls and stuff? Luckily my cat doesn't scratch up stuff anymore and the puppy doesn't ever get close to the sound system.

22 caliber is adequate as it is a small dog.;)
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by Dennis Gardner
    22 caliber is adequate as it is a small dog.;)

Don't make me report you to PETA....:D
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Found this.....:eek: :eek: :eek:
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Declaw (front paws) your cats people. Sheesh.

If they are 'outdoor' cats, keep them OUTSIDE.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited July 2005
    Options
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I hope those plants are super glued. :p

Nice lookin' dogs, is that a banana plant in the right foreground?
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited July 2005
    Options
    good eye on the plant, it's a giant bird of paradise, which looks like a banana plant.

-Luc