particularly these:

ohm p-1

just curious...
Post edited by juice21 on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited June 2002
    I've listened to an old pair of bookshelf's driven with an entry level Sony receiver. You can imagine how that sounded. Yup, this was a completely useless post. I'm just trying to catch ya, Juice!

Aaron
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited June 2002
    Yes i did,
    I heard them I a guys house, they were an older pair he bought in New york years ago.he loved them and still used them today.
    I listened to them, they were ok but nothing to get all excited about.Just nice older sounding speakers.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2002
    I don't know about those new 'tiny towers of power', but give me a good Walsh series speaker any day of the freakin week. Some consider them a little heavy on the low-end, a little lite up-top....

But the demos I have had sing right on, esp on good vintage amps, eg, Marantz, Phase Linear, Gas....

Definately in my top 10 vintage, must-have, speakers.....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited June 2002
    thanks for the posts, just wanted to get your guys thoughts on them. i just stumbled across them while surfing some audio sites and was curious...
  • juice21
    edited June 2002
    Originally posted by Aaron
    Yup, this was a completely useless post. I'm just trying to catch ya, Juice!

Aaron

i'll see your completely useless post and raise ya one...;)

juice(always one ahead)21
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited June 2002
    The older Walsh series sound great. I've heard a few of these and some of the older 3-way. I haven't had an opportunity to listen to anything from thses guys in about 12yrs.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited June 2002
    I answered an add for a pair of Walsh 4XO's (maybe wrong number it was in 1987 or so) any way got them in the box new for 750.00 (hint: this was a steal) They sound great, had them on a Carver TFM-45 and they soaked up the power, the omni-directional sound was good, not what you are use to so it was different, had great lowend, I think they had a super tweeter to help on the topend?? anyway sold them and made some cash, I think this was the beginning of my buy/sell adiction.

BTW I will say I thought they were way over priced for what you got.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited June 2002
    I have a pair of OHM FRS5's in my bedroom. they are great sounding speakers. Very natural sounding and image extremely well!

I will never get rid of them..and ohm still has replacement parts for them..so if anything happens..they can be fixed...

I even have a trade in value with ohm if I ever decide to upgrade them...
  • juice21
    edited June 2002
    thanks for your thoughts guys...