Speaker id please

Options
Royonoco
Royonoco Posts: 7
edited June 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Hi all, this is my first post on this forum. Maybe some Polk fans can help me ID the speakers I just bought by the description only. There is no model # anywhere and there is just glue residue where name plate stickers should be. They are rather large floor standers with 1-10" at the bottom, then 2 -6 1/2" mids, then a silver domed tweeter, then 2 more 6 1/2". There is a 10" passive on the back. They are 43" high, 12 3/8" wide, and 15" deep. Oak side panels with a piano black top and black back.
Look to be 1990's vintage, but I cannot find anything on the Polk archive site.
In looking through the Polk listings in the Orion book, there is a model listed as a Monitor15t Military which has the same number of drivers as mine and a 1991-93 timeline. Someone on another forum said I had RTA 15's. Any one know the difference or where I might find some pics of these models?
Post edited by Royonoco on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited June 2005
    Options
    You have Polk RTA 15TL's. One question for you, when you say "silver domed tweeter" do you mean that's the color of the dome or is that what's written on the black plastic bezel of the tweeter?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited June 2005
    Options

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Royonoco
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Those are definitley what I have F1, thanks! Mine have medium stained oak sides. The tweeters have silver foil type domes and just say Polk Audio in a circle on the black housing. I will post some pics when my son gets here later today.
    I sell a lot on Ebay and use some Monitor 10's for my reference when testing amps and turntables. I may keep these for my bedroom system if they stack up against the Infinity Kappa 8's I just got recently. I will do an A-B comparison when I get the Kappa woofers back from refoaming this week.
  • Royonoco
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I am trying to post a couple of pics, I hope it works.
  • Royonoco
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Not the greatest pics, but here is another
  • F1nut
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Yep, that's them. I would suggest you change the tweeters to the new RD0198-1 silk dome replacements before doing any comparisions.

President of Club Polk

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2005
    Options
    is that a turntable on the top of your audio rack? what kind?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Royonoco
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Hi danger boy. That is an Oracle Delphi that I have just listed on Ebay this afternoon. If I am allowed, it is item 5785148050.
  • whitetruk
    whitetruk Posts: 308
    edited June 2005
    Options
    just wanted to add my two cent`s worth if those polks are anything close to sda`s they will blow those kappa`s away.
    i use two pair kappa 9`s and two pair kappa 6`s for movies
    my music is sda srs 2`s with denon monoblocs awesome
    p.s. the kappas are run with carver silver 9`s
    still gotta brag about this site it is great
    I thought it was fairly amusing also. The Polk Ogre doesn't always get 'it'