What do you think of Mirage?

Options
matthew_2
matthew_2 Posts: 52
edited June 2002 in Speakers
I heard some of their big towers with built in subs, and a center on a Denon 4803. For some reason, the 2 subs were on, but ALL the music was coming out of the center and rear surrounds. What do you think of these speakers?
Post edited by matthew_2 on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Never heard or read anything good about them so I never bothered to demo them.

Aaron
  • NDTA
    NDTA Posts: 83
    edited June 2002
    Options
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2002
    Options
    And another great one-liner for the books.....

-R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited June 2002
    Options
    listened to them breifly, didn't really care for them (they seemed to lack in all respects), so i never went back for a serious listen...
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited June 2002
    Options
    I think Mirage dropped the ball on the OM-5's, they are powered towers and can't be controled well, the bass is just out of control.You have to set the level at -6db in order to get some kind of clean response,I do not favor them.
    The OM-7's are a totally different story, they are a passive tower with clean and clear all the way down, very good speaker.The OM-9's are slightly boomy,with a bass over tone around 120 hz and down.Not a good speaker.
    Mirage has made some fantastic lines in the past, but the new ones except the OM-7's are terrible.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • matthew_2
    matthew_2 Posts: 52
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Thats what I thaught. Thanks.