DeepDiscountDVD.Com's annual 20% off sale

polksda
polksda Posts: 716
edited June 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
It's that time of the year... again.

DeepDiscountDVD.com already has about the cheapest prices online for DVDs. Free shipping to boot. Now through the 25th, you can use the code "DVDTALK" (there are some other codes that work as well) for 20% off the regular prices (not good on games or pre-orders, but everything else is fair game).

See discussion thread here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427083&page=1&pp=25

Last year I spent over $500; this year only a fraction of that. Some people drop over $1K when this sale comes around.

Insane, yes... $1K is 2/3 of the way to SDA SRS!! Priorities, man! ;)
Post edited by polksda on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2005
    You want really cheap DVD's...buy on Walmart on the day/week they are released; after that they go back up to 19sh.

Have bought several good new releases at $14 to 16; no one beats them.

Even if you pre-order at higher prices, they will refund the difference to the price the day of the release; not sure what defines the price, but so far I have not seen any lower price...

Right now they have Hitch at 14.87...and it could still go lower... (not that anyone would buy this movie....just an example)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • polksda
    edited June 2005
    Uhhh.. I don't mean to quarrel with your "no one beats them" comment re: Wal-Mart, but this is cheaper, that's the whole point. Using your "Hitch" example, as part of this sale it's $12.91 shipped.

And DDD has infinitely more DVDs to choose from than Wal-Mart does...
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited June 2005
    Hey, thanks for the heads up!

This is a very good deal!

Looks like I'll be buying some DVDs.
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2005
    I work for Nebraska Furniture Mart (www.nfm.com) here in Kansas City and when new movies come out, we sell 'em for $9.99. I think we blow both options above out of the water. Not to mention, I get a discount off older movies (sometimes good if the movies been out for a while) so neither of these look to promising to me.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2005
    DDD has been a very good site for me. I've ordered about 7 DVDs from them. Very good prices, free shipping, no tax, and prompt CS. Very easy to cancel an order with them. If you are willing to wait over a week for your shipment, they are the ones to work with.
  • Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited June 2005
    Going to agree, bought about 5 or so DVD's great prices, shipping is a major pain b/c of time it takes. Not the advertised ship and transit time. Takes a while

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by polksda
    Uhhh.. I don't mean to quarrel with your "no one beats them" comment re: Wal-Mart, but this is cheaper, that's the whole point. Using your "Hitch" example, as part of this sale it's $12.91 shipped.

And DDD has infinitely more DVDs to choose from than Wal-Mart does...

You are right....they are cheaper; I spoke faster than I should have...:)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • polksda
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by Toxis
    I work for Nebraska Furniture Mart (www.nfm.com) here in Kansas City and when new movies come out, we sell 'em for $9.99. I think we blow both options above out of the water. Not to mention, I get a discount off older movies (sometimes good if the movies been out for a while) so neither of these look to promising to me.

I've read people raving about the blowout prices that NFM has. Unfortunately, driving a day each way to get the sale prices would probably eat into the savings a bit. ;)

Central IL is the absolute pits when it comes to stores that normally have "blowouts" either on CDs/DVDs or electronics. Only Best Buy, Circuit City, and Wal-Mart. No Fry's, no CompUSA, no Tower Records, no Costco. *bleagh*
  • kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited June 2005
    Thanks for the info, just ordered three DVDs.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by polksda
    I've read people raving about the blowout prices that NFM has. Unfortunately, driving a day each way to get the sale prices would probably eat into the savings a bit. ;)

Central IL is the absolute pits when it comes to stores that normally have "blowouts" either on CDs/DVDs or electronics. Only Best Buy, Circuit City, and Wal-Mart. No Fry's, no CompUSA, no Tower Records, no Costco. *bleagh*
    but we ship... might call to see how much they'd charge to ship you a few dvd's every so often. 800-407-5000
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited June 2005
    Toxis, I can't find any DVDs on the web site?
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited June 2005
    One caveat with DDD, their shipping policy suck **** - it took one order 4 weeks, the second one 6 weeks. If you don't mind waiting that long, then it's all game, otherwise, imo, the wait isn't worthed the $1-$2 savings.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • polksda
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by polkatese
    One caveat with DDD, their shipping policy suck **** - it took one order 4 weeks, the second one 6 weeks. If you don't mind waiting that long, then it's all game, otherwise, imo, the wait isn't worthed the $1-$2 savings.

Sure, if you're in a hurry and HAVE to have the DVDs asap, this is not the vendor to use. But if you're looking to fill holes in that DVD collection for cheap, this is the way to do it. If yagoddahaveitNOW, drive to your neighborhood Best Buy.

You're not going to get both cheap and immediate. I've got an order in progress from Amazon for 3.5 weeks now. It's to be expected...
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited June 2005
    Well, I don't mind waiting as long as the estimate of delivery as sent on the shipped email confirmation is within range. If they sent you an email saying that the DVD will be delivered within 5-10 business days and it doesn't delivered for 22 days, that's deceitful. When I emailed them after 4 weeks on where's the shipment, and they immediately blame it on the slow USPS, well, I have a problem with that. Illinois to CA on USPS doesn't take 4 weeks if Florida to CA can be done in 4 business days on regular media mail (Circuit City Online).

All in all, if you are happy with them, that's what matter. Order away.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.