Advice on SDA SRS 2's

That Guy
That Guy Posts: 8
edited June 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Hey everyone.

I have a pair of SDA SRS 2's I purchase used back in '89. My wife says it's time to get rid of those "Stonehenge" speakers because they don't go with her new room decor. She must be appreased, so I must sell them. They are in very good shape except for some obvious cosmetic issues. I've had cats for the past twelve years and they've done their damage to the grill cloth and the cloth sides on both speakers. There is some unknown stain on the grill cloth, although I suspect the cats. The wood is very good and sonically, they sound the same as the day I purchased them.
I'd like some advice on a price range to ask for them. I'll probably sell them on eBay, but without shipping, selling them only to someone in the Chicago area (I'm in Kankakee).
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1c.jpg 32.8K
Post edited by That Guy on

Comments

• That Guy
    edited June 2005
    Some more views.
    Notice the doolies and candles! : (
    1e.jpg 34.9K
  • That Guy
    edited June 2005
  • That Guy
    edited June 2005
  • thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited June 2005
    Take a look at http://www.polksda.com/ebay.shtml

There is a couple that have sold in the past on ebay for about 550.00.........
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited June 2005
    Another first time poster wanting to pick our brains as to the value and then sell them on ePay........I refuse to help you, good luck!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• That Guy
    edited June 2005
    If someone at this forum wants to buy them, I'm more than happy to sell them to you. I wasn't trying to imply that ebay was the only place I'd try. The reason I was going to try ebay was that there is a much broader base and that gives me the best chance of finding someone close to my location. Is there anyone near me who wants to buy them? I'm about 50 miles south of Chicago.
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited June 2005
    Some advice:

Take a look in the Flea Market area and if you want to offer them to the forum members then post accordingly. Set a price for them and see if there is any interest. If not, then you can post elsewhere. Many of the members do not like it when someone posts their stuff on ebay, and here as well. No one is going to bid against each other here.......I haven't been around this forum that long, but I have found learned a little about what people frown upon.

so there it is, try the flea market with subject line FS: "Product Name" and post some pics. Set a price and go from there..

Good luck

scott
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited June 2005
    I recently picked up a pair of the same series sda's for $500. They are Walnut,I'm sure there is not much difference between the speakers performance...but the cloth is in much better condition...
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by That Guy
    Hey everyone.

I have a pair of SDA SRS 2's I purchase used back in '89. My wife says it's time to get rid of those "Stonehenge" speakers because they don't go with her new room decor. She must be appreased, so I must sell them. They are in very good shape except for some obvious cosmetic issues. I've had cats for the past twelve years and they've done their damage to the grill cloth and the cloth sides on both speakers. There is some unknown stain on the grill cloth, although I suspect the cats. The wood is very good and sonically, they sound the same as the day I purchased them.
    I'd like some advice on a price range to ask for them. I'll probably sell them on eBay, but without shipping, selling them only to someone in the Chicago area (I'm in Kankakee).
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I say sell the wife:p
  • That Guy
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by jtgranby
    I say sell the wife:p

Yes . . .if it were only that easy. ;)
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited June 2005
    and now putting it on this post...

You are still missing the point....set a price, I am interested as others may be as well, but I am not going to tell you what I am willing to pay...put them in the flea market, set a price....if it is right, someone will pick em' up in a hurry......

Figure at least a benjamin to get the grills back to where they would be presentable, (I am not a DIY'er) so I would hire it out..

What are you waiting for?
  • That Guy
    edited June 2005
    These may be sold to a forum member . . . waiting for a reply.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited June 2005
    These may be sold to a forum member . . . waiting for a reply.

That would be just grand. Someone that will keep them nice for the future.:)
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • That Guy
    edited June 2005
    Sold! Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions. They were very helpful in my final decision. Also thanks for allowing a newbie to post here without alot of negative responses. If I crossed any lines, I apologize.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited June 2005
    Sold! Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions. They were very helpful in my final decision. Also thanks for allowing a newbie to post here without alot of negative responses. If I crossed any lines, I apologize.

Good on ya, man!!:)
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"