Polk & Designs: Part II

Options
BobMcG
BobMcG Posts: 1,585
edited September 2001 in Technical/Setup
Is Polk still working with the SDA theory, for use in some future speaker design(s)?

Has Polk ever tried (or considered) using some type of angled front baffle design that works in producing an SDA sound stage, instead of using width, thus utilizing a narrower SDA speaker cabinet?

I fully understand why the width of the SDAs, I was just wondering if there was more than one way to skin a cat, or design a workable SDA in this case.
Post edited by BobMcG on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Polk where is the answer?? come on now you teased us last year with an SDA poll, M Polk talked about on that online chat thing, so what has been going on? is it in the works? is it a dead issue?

Can we have some info/insight.

OR JUST TELL US TO DROP IT!
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • BobMcG
    edited August 2001
    Options
    ..the sound of someone knocking on a door.

"Hello!"

"Is anyone there?"

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK...(louder yet)

"Hello! Polk? Anyone home? "

(I do have the right address...don't I?)
  • BobMcG
    edited August 2001
    Options
    I think, Polk thinks, I'm just quitely going away... :rolleyes:
  • BobMcG
    edited August 2001
    Options
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited August 2001
    Options
    I'm sorry the number you have reached is currently out of order or has been disconected. Please check the number and try again. AT&T #12B7
    Chris :)
  • BobMcG
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Heh, heh, you thought I just let it drop didn't you.

Like I said in another post, if it's a matter of you not being able to talk about it at this time, just say so. Don't be shy, it won't be held against you.
  • BobMcG
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Ok Polk, I guess you could say you win.

I said I wouldn't let it drop, but I didn't think I'd be ignored nearly this long either. I didn't think I was asking for that much.

No, no, you're right, it's not that big of a deal. However, I still don't understand what problem you could have with this.

So,
    You win. As in I won't bother you with this again. Believe me on this.
    And,
    I loose. As in a bit of the respect I have for you.