Potential Sale of Entire Polk System CS1000p/RT800i/Denon/HDTV

tortfsr24
tortfsr24 Posts: 79
edited May 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Dear Listmates:

I will be moving here in the next 25 days and my wife's complaints about all of my gear are getting stronger. I won the battle for the last 3 years, but with the new house, she has cannon fodder galore. Here is what I have and my thoughts as to price. I live in middle Georgia, so, due to weight, pickup would be better. Willing to split it up but will need some solid inquiries on the majority of the gear before I am willing to part with it. The remorse is already setting in.

SPEAKERS:
SOLD (1) CS1000p - Black - Powered center channel (have original box and documentation) $500
KEPT MY ORIGINAL BABYS FOR SENTIMENTAL PURPOSES (2) RT 12 - Black - Upgraded tweeters to trilaminates from polk. (Have original box and documentation) $250
SOLD (2) RT 12 - Black - Upgraded tweeters to trilaminates from polk. (I still have one pair of the tweeters that came out and will give them to you) (no box) $250
SOLD (2) RT800i - Black (no box, but have carpet spikes, etc. and all documentation) $350
SOLD (2) LS/FX - Black (have original box and all documentation) $150
AUDIO/VIDEO:
SOLD Mitsubishi WS-55819 HDTV (probably still covered by extended warranty - will check) $1250
SOLD Denon DVD-1600 (have original box and all documentation - probably still covered by warranty) $250
SOLD Denon AVR-3802 (have original box and all documentation - probably still covered by warranty) $450
FURNITURE:
(2) Studio Tech SN Black speaker stands for LS/FX $50
SOLD (1) Studio Tech Performance Series PS-6 Black Equipment stand - Provides the depth you need - hard to find $200

About me: I have loved audio video gear my whole life and the aforementioned system was my hobby/quest for over the last 5 years or so. This equipment has been truly babied. Everything is in mint condition. Sadly, I seem to enjoy the planning, purchasing and hooking up more than utilizing the equipment itself. Lightly used throughout lifetime of equipment; not played loud or abused in any way. Will provide full disclosure on any of the equipment and will be glad to answer emails.

Thanks,
Brent

Post edited by tortfsr24 on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2005
    Nice ad, Brent. Pictures are about all you need to complete it.

e-mail sent about the 1000p...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • tortfsr24
    edited May 2005
    Will do. Still having problems with the fact I just placed the ad. Anyone who needs pictures, email me and I will oblige.
  • ttomp
    ttomp Posts: 181
    edited May 2005
    please send me the pics on he ls/fx and also I live in houston, how much would shipping be?
  • tortfsr24
    edited May 2005
    Shipping origination zip code is 31210. I don't remember how much they weigh off hand, but probably around 20 lbs - one box around 15" high, 12" wide, 12" deep. Email me at bmarshall@mmlp.com with any further questions. Will send/post pictures soon.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited May 2005
    so because you're giving her a brand new house, she can't let you keep your beloved gear? Man, that sucks.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • tortfsr24
    edited May 2005
    Yes, it does. However, without a dedicated HT room, 9 speakers, 2 subs and a bigscreen TV make for a tough argument on my end. At least I get to keep my dog! Maybe I will be able to afford the HT room in the next one.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited May 2005
    Must ...have.....dedicated...home ..theater....arrrghhh.......
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited May 2005
    Denon 3802 over here..!!

If you are willing to ship to California...

E-mail sent...

Bear
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by beardog03
    Denon 3802 over here..!!

If you are willing to ship to California...

E-mail sent...

Bear

Thats what I was thinking...3802 :eek: ......wife would def. have me sleeping outside :(
  • bvette94
    bvette94 Posts: 356
    edited May 2005
    pm sent if tour2ma dosent want the cs1000p.
  • tortfsr24
    edited May 2005
    I have the pictures, but after 1- minutes of feeling like an idiot, I still can't get them to post.

The location of the one I am trying to post is C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\IMGP0975.JPG

I click the "IMG" button and it brings up the [url]http://[/url]

Where do I go from here?

Thanks
  • tortfsr24
    edited May 2005
    Here they are in all their beauty. Quite an experience with all of them going at once!
  • tortfsr24
    edited May 2005
  • tortfsr24
    edited May 2005
  • tortfsr24
    edited May 2005
    POLK SPEAKERS:
    (2) RT 12 - Black - Upgraded tweeters to trilaminates from polk. (Have original box and documentation) (I still have the pair of tweeters that came out and will give them to you)$250
    AUDIO/VIDEO:
    Mitsubishi WS-55819 HDTV (purchased new on 08/09/02 from HiFi Buys for $2675 - Extended warranty through 08/09/07) $1250
    Denon DVD-1600 (have original box and all documentation - purchased new on 5/18/2002 from HiFi Buys for $480) $250
    Denon AVR-3802 (purchased new from HiFi Buys in 2002, have original box and all documentation) $450
    FURNITURE:
    (2) Studio Tech SN Black speaker stands $50

Thank you to all that showed an interest and emailed me. An acquaintence just emailed me that he would take what was formally listed above. With shipping issues, I decided to go this route and sell locally. Thanks again.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited May 2005
    It's great that everything ended up working out....and a textbook ad to boot. No BS, just information and pictures....how easy can you get?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited May 2005
    that center channel is amazingly huge...

Sorry to see you have to sell all your gear. Maybe she'll realize that the new house needs some real tunes after not having the privilage of owning great gear like that. Well good luck with the new home and the sales.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2005
    Yeah... can't argue over a bulk, local sale getting preference. Certainly did not need a CS1000p... but would have liked to have played with one...

Brent,
    Suggest that you edit your intitial post with *SOLD* in place of the price for the bits that are gone.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • tortfsr24
    edited May 2005
    Will do. I hope the ad didn't keep many of you awake last night wondering whether to "just do it" or not. As you can tell by the sheer number of speakers I collected over the years, self-control when it comes to Polk speakers is not my strong point. I will be back, though, trust me.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited May 2005
    received the Denon 3802 today..
    great pack job..!

Thanks again...

The wife wasn`t home yet when I got home , so she didn`t even notice it was "added" to the tower of power..!!

:D
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • tortfsr24
    edited May 2005
    Beardog:

I'm glad to hear the Denon amp arrived unscathed. I really appreciate your purchase and I hope you enjoy the receiver. You were great to deal with and an asset to this forum. It's nice to know you can still take a man at his word even when dealing 1000s of miles apart. Kudos to you and this forum.

Thanks again,
    Brent
  • tortfsr24
    edited May 2005
    Just saw where a CS1000p went for $1250 on ebay recently. I wonder if I undersold mine at $500? More remorse!
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited May 2005
    Most of us think that $1250 was from shill bidding. Before that, they sold for an average of $500-$600(like what you were selling your's for). It is a nice piece, so you might have seller's remorse for loosing the actual item. IMHO, you got a fair price for it, so don't beat yourself up over the price.

Have a good one.

Zach
    Tschüss
    Zach