AC Power for PSW650

Options
ezc
ezc Posts: 426
I just got my PSW650 back from the CC. I have owned this sub for 3 mo but its been in the shop over 1 mo. The first time I took it in they said the amp was bad & ordered & replaced the amp. Took the sub home & it still didnt work. I took it back to CC & they checked it again & said the fuse was blown & a lead or somthing was also burnt, so they ordered another amp & replaced it again. I was told I should run the sub on a seperate AC line by its self. Is this correct? I replaced the 650 with my carver when the 650 went in for repair, & so far I have no problems, its pluged into the same outlet (power surge) & uses the same cables. Dose a sub need a dedicated ac line? I have never tripped a breaker in my homes breaker box. I think that my system although it is plugged into different outlets runs on the same circuit. Any info is appreciated. Do I need a line conditioner or voltage stabalizer, or somthing else?
Post edited by ezc on

Comments

• BBUBBA
    BBUBBA Posts: 66
    edited May 2002
    Options
    It could of gotten spiked or surged. But putting it on its own AC circuit is not needed. If you are running HT equipment only on the line .
    Just my opinion.

Power is not as clean as it used to be but to protect your equipment from spikes and surges I would recommend it. Some model actually regulate your voltage keeping it constant.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited May 2002
    Options
    What seems to be the problem with the PSW650?

It seems everytime I turn around, somebody else is posting about operating and reliability problems with the PSW650 - especially with the amp and electronics.

I don't see the same types of problems being posted with the PSW350/450 subs.

Is the PSW650 really so different in the amp and electronics section?

What's the deal with this otherwise interesting and pretty impressive performing sub?

Spec :confused:
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • har_navalta
    har_navalta Posts: 957
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Is this Sub (PSW 650) made in mexico or assembled in mexico?

Holy craft....:confused:

Har
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited May 2002
    Options
    No need for seperate power to the sub. 15amp circuit will do fine.Its a very good idea to protect the sub.A line condisioner makes all the difference in the world.Clean power is a must.A volatge regulator isn't a bad idea for the whole system.

My psw450 have been fine the day I bought it,I bought it the day the 450 came out,I was first to buy it.
    I have also read that people are having problems with the 650.If I bought one and It went bad that fast, I would want a new one, not fixed.If it happened again, I would get the sub out for another brand or model.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.