Thanks Polkies!!!

Options
sda2mike
sda2mike Posts: 3,131
edited April 2005 in Vintage Speakers
I was cruising the site the other day when I read about how to test if your SDA is functioning. It was the balance test. I tried it out when I got home and lo and behold my SDA was not working!! All this time I've been floored at the famous imaging of these awsome speakers! A crimped pin on one of the connectors was at fault. Now....Holy Shiite!! Now I really know what everybody is talking about! I started with Dire Straits - Love Over Gold..amazing! Then, Mark Knopfler - Sailing to Philadelphia..huge difference!! Got to be too late..got the come to bed look from the wifey..I think when I go home today, I will have a Pink Floyd fest!!! Thanks guys!!!!!!! :cool:
Post edited by sda2mike on

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Glad to hear you can finally enjoy your SDAs to their fullest :D

What equipment are you driving them with?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • sda2mike
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Marantz 2270...Hours and hours of listening pleasure. never any fatigue..Also one of those sony 300 carousel CD deals
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2005
    Options
    That is the problem with sda's. Even when they are broken they sound great!
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • sda2mike
    edited April 2005
    Options
    to think that i was truly amazed by the imaging of these speakers!!! i would explain to the mrs. and to friends about the sda effect..and then ask them, "did you hear that?"! most, save for the wife were truly impressed!! now, it's like i've got a whole new system...2 years later!!! :D :rolleyes:
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Simply amazing aren't they!
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by sda2mike
    to think that i was truly amazed by the imaging of these speakers!!! i would explain to the mrs. and to friends about the sda effect..and then ask them, "did you hear that?"! most, save for the wife were truly impressed!! now, it's like i've got a whole new system...2 years later!!! :D :rolleyes:

Strong, the mind is. -Yoda

Glad you got it figured out. Enjoy!
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by sda2mike
    ..got the come to bed look from the wifey..
    One of my favorite looks (he typed at 3 AM... oops).

Glad your SDA's woke up. Which model do you have?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2005
    Options
    It is heartening to read about people putting what they have read on this cornucopia of a forum to practical use. The free *upgrade* to SDA must be blowing you away. ;)

I have read some posts from others about the imaging quality of the legacy Polk speakers and have heard it in my RTA 12's (when they were used as mains) so I know where you are coming from.

Now you have the dilemma of either listening to your new SDA's all night or going to bed.

How about some naked pic's? The SDA's of course :D
    Originally posted by madmax
    That is the problem with sda's. Even when they are broken they sound great!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
    Instant classic.