SDA's

Options
Bonfrisco
Bonfrisco Posts: 17
edited April 2005 in Vintage Speakers
For a couple of years i have been buying and selling home stereo equipment. Just recintly i came across some SDA's, the lable on the back read SDA1, SDA2. Im not sure what is best to power these, Amp Pre amp system or a basic reciever. ive got a Yamaha RXV590 reciever and was told it would power the SDA's but it wouldnt give me 100%.
Can anyone tell me about these speakers?
Post edited by Bonfrisco on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

Try the search feature, there is plenty of information regarding SDA's on this board.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited April 2005
    Options
    As Russ said, do the search. you will find a wealth of knowlege. a few quick points. use quality amplification (i.e. seperates) to power these, not a reciever. also, make sure you have the interconnect cable (links the speakers together) without it, your not getting anywhere near the SDA;s capabilities.
    also, if the interconnect has a small and big flat blade on it, you will need to make sure the amplifier is common ground (most are, except for monoblocks and dual mono and such).

read up, should find all the info you need on this sight alone
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Yes, welcome to the forums.

Question: You've picked up two pairs of SDAs? One pair labled SDA1 and one pair labled SDA2?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited April 2005
    Options
    You know, I thought I read something about that somewhere before...... thanks.

Looks like we still don't know the complete scoop on that.