sad2a

sansui80
sansui80 Posts: 17
edited April 2005 in Vintage Speakers
What level of cross talk should I have when I rotate the balance knob?

What kind of home test can I do to make sure my speakers are in good working order.

I want to get the most out of my speakers.

Thanks,

Ben
Post edited by sansui80 on

Comments

• JCL
    JCL Posts: 107
    edited April 2005
    Call customer service and talk to Ken he can send you the "Quick Tests to Determine Proper Functioning of SDA Loudspeakers". He faxed me a copy when I had problems with my 2.3's. You may try the search feature to see if anyone has posted the procedure before.
    L600 (front), R200 (rear), R200 (rear surround), L400 (center), Sunfire HRS-10 (2)Marantz AV7706Sunfire Cinema Grand, Marantz M8077, Music Hall Stealth, Ortofon bronze cartridge, Parasound Zphono XRM, Sony UBP-X800
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 107
    edited April 2005
    If you have the manual there is also a section in there that covers proper setup and some simple tests. Below is a simple test from the manual.

Assuming you have connected your sda with the interconect and you have a common ground amp you can try the following:

Switch to mono while playing something. Sit between the speakers and the sound should all be coming from directly between the speakers with full base response. If it does not check the phase of your amp connections.

With the system still in mono set the ballance all the way to the left. Walk over to each speaker. The left speaker should be producing a full range sound. The right speaker will be producing only midrange frequencies and will not be as loud as the left speaker. Reverse the setting and the opposite should happen. If this does not happen check the interconnect cable and make sure the speakers are connected properly in phase.
    L600 (front), R200 (rear), R200 (rear surround), L400 (center), Sunfire HRS-10 (2)Marantz AV7706Sunfire Cinema Grand, Marantz M8077, Music Hall Stealth, Ortofon bronze cartridge, Parasound Zphono XRM, Sony UBP-X800