RTA Specs

Options
puunda
puunda Posts: 117
edited April 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Hi all,
I'm wanting to find out some information on the RTA11TL and RTA8TL speakers. I own these and am selling them, and people are asking for things like wattage and frequency response, sensitivity etc. Doing a google search dosen't return much. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Post edited by puunda on

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Welcome to Club Polk!

I have the RTA-8T's. I don't know what the L stands for but I would assume that the specs are probably the same for both.

I'm sure someone else who has this stuff memorized will pop in to give you the rest of the info.

You might also want to do a search on them here & you might find the answers you need.

Cathy

1 1" dome tweeter
    2 6.5" drivers

Frequency response is 30 Hz to 25 kHz with the -3dB limits of 42 Hz to 23 kHz.

Power handling is 250 watts/channel the impedance is compatible with 8 ohm outputs and the efficiency is 89 dB
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,462
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I also own the 8t's and used to own the 11 tl's. The "L" is a significant difference as the tl version used the SL3000 tweeter and the t versions used the SL2000 tweets.

I can't remember the specs on the 11 tl's though. Doro LOVES the RTA line so he will probably chime in........:D
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,857
    edited April 2005
    Options
    The RTA 8TL uses one SL2500 per cabinet while the 11TL and 15TL use one SL3000 per.

http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/service/models/modelpartslist.php3?model=rta
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cfrizz
    edited April 2005
    Options
    The following site will give you more info on the vintage lines. It might not have the info for your exact speakers, but like I said, the power handling, efficiency, ect. are probably identical to the 8T's & 11T's

The other option is to email Ken Swauger & ask him. Thats how I got the specs on mine a couple of years ago.:D

http://www.polksda.com/index.shtml
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I mailed a RTA owners manual to somebody on this forum. Whoever it was, speak up.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cfrizz
    edited April 2005
    Options
    And I have spoken up TWICE!:D But I guess you didn't hear me the 1st 2 times so I'll repeat myself!:p

RTA-8T

Drivers: 1 - 1" coil dome tweeter, 2 - 6.5" midrange

Dimensions: 33.5"H x 9"W x 11.5"D

Weight: 39 pounds each

Specifications

Overall Frequency Response: 22Hz-26KHz

Impedence: 6 Ohms

Recommended Power: 20 - 250 watts per channel

Efficiency: 89.5dB

RTA-11T

Drivers: 1 - 1" SL2000 coil dome tweeter, 2 - 6.5" midrange, 2 - 8" passive radiators (each tuned to different frequencies)

Dimensions: 39"H x 10.5"W x 14"D

Weight: 44 pounds each

Specifications
    Overall Frequency Response: 22Hz - 26kHz

Impedence: 6 Ohms

Recommended Power: 30 - 250 watts per channel

Efficiency: 90dB

How's that Jesse?:D
  • F1nut
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Ah, it was you whom I mailed that to! :D

I thought it was a RTA TL manual, sorry. I must have sent that one with the RTA 15TL's that I sold.

President of Club Polk

• puunda
    puunda Posts: 117
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm extremely impressed with the knowleage and the speed of which I got the info I needed. It's actually quite a pity they're not worth a lot more, cause they are jolly good speakers. But at the end of the day, it's only what someone's prepared to pay for it. Thanks again.