Price range of SDA SRS????

TDW
TDW Posts: 2
edited April 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Can anyone give me a good idea of the price range for an excellent shape pair of SDA SRS speakers? I've been looking for months and have found a pair that is within driving range. The owner wants 2200.00 FIRM. Some might say it depends how bad I want them, but I would at least like to know if the price is reasonable?

Thanks
Tim
Post edited by TDW on

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited April 2005
    Tim,

That's $700-$1200 higher than I've seen SDA SRS go. Are they SDA SRS, SDA SRS 1.2, or SDA SRS 1.2TL? The latter two will bring a slightly higher price.

I have SDA SRSs, with new tweeters and upgraded crossovers. Even at that, I seriously doubt they would command the price your seller is asking.

Regards,
    Mike
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited April 2005
    Assuming these are the orginal SRS from 1985, $1400-$1800 is a more reasonable range. Ask the seller what he is basing his "firm" asking price on. He may have SRS's yet he may be basing his asking price on eBay sales he has seen of SRS 1.2's or SRS 1.2TL's. A month or so ago there was an eBay seller asking $1200 for a pair of SDA 1C's.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The average selling price of 1C's is $600. The seller thought he was justified in asking $1200 for the 1C's because he had seen the top of the line SDA's sell for over $2000 and his speakers were "the third from the top".:rolleyes::mad:

Edit:

That 'ole boy is still trying to unload his SDA "1B's". His ad says he is selling SDA 1B's, but he has a picture of SDA 1C's. Be sure to check out the questions and answers at the end of the ad.:D

The current ad is edited and toned down quite a bit from the original ad, which was hilarious.

SDA "1B" Ad on eBay
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • TDW
    TDW Posts: 2
    edited April 2005
    Thanks for the replies! I found out they are actually SDA SRS 1.2's that are nearly flawless. I have not seen many offered for sale except a few on E-bay that appeared to have had a rough life.

It's a long story but I originally made contact though an add over six weeks ago, but the person became ill and was hospitalized. Unfortunately the gent passed away and his son just re-contacted me and advised his mother was willing to sell them. After going and hearing them tonight I could not resist, they now have a new home...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited April 2005
    Congrats, you made a wise buy. Enjoy!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jcmccorm
    jcmccorm Posts: 103
    edited April 2005
    Congratulations! Awesome speakers.

Cary
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2005
    Congrats on your buy..,

Hang around and we'll have you tweaking them in no time... ;)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD