35i's

Options
Wesmo
Wesmo Posts: 74
edited May 2002 in Speakers
I just thought I'd let everyone know I picked up a pair of rt35i's today. Paired with my 600i's, 245i, dcm sub and onkyo 696 receiver, my system is complete....for now :0). I really wanted fx300s or 500s, but at 99 bucks a piece, I couldn't pass them up. They seem to do the job perfectly in my small (11x12) bedroom. One thing I was wondering though, is has anyone had any experience mounting these on a wall. They're pretty heavy, and i'm not going to be able to set a screw into a stud. I figured i'd just get a beefy drywall anchor, and I'd be set. I don't want to tear a hold in my wall though. Any other suggestions would be appreciated much.
Wes
Post edited by Wesmo on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I have 2,
    first one would be built a speaker shelf,this is what I did.
    second would to use a plastic drywall anchor that can support its weight,#10's work good.I have done this as well.

Just becarefull when hanging them you don't want them to faal down and hurt someone,and the speaker for that matter.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Wesmo
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Thanks mantis. I'll prolly go with the anchor for cost and ease, but the shelf sounds tempting. How would you recommend going about this? Putting them in each corner? Buying those shelving kits?
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    Options
    No, building your own to custom fit the speaker.You can get tricky and stain them the same color as the speaker.If my scanner was working I would post some pics of job's I done with building speaker shelves.Much like a candle shelf but with a bigger base and 4 wall anchors to hold the shelf on the wall.
    Dan
  • Wesmo
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Oh alright. I think I see ya now. I'll see what I can do. Sorry about taking so long to catch on, but being only 18, I haven't been exposed much :0). If you ever get the scanner working, I'd still like to see your's. You can email them to me.
    Wes
    Tarpa33@hotmail.com
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I need a digital camera.I should just buy one so Russman and troyd can look at my wires.
    Dan
  • aaburto99
    aaburto99 Posts: 17
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Does anyone know where to get good ceiling brackets for 12-15 lbs Polk speakers? I find the Omnimount brackets to be too expensive. My room is such that mounting my speakers on the ceiling and aiming them slightly downwards would be my best option.
  • BBUBBA
    BBUBBA Posts: 66
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I have FX 500i's and RT35i's mounted on the walls using the equiped mount. I used drywall anchors. I think they are #10. Had them up for over a year. I think I used a #8 screw in them . The anchors are the plastic type I drilled a 1/8" pilot hole made install easier, cleaner. I have one wall that has plaster with lathe on the wall all I did was screw in the screw into the wood lathe. still holding over a year later. If you screw the screw in to the proper depth the speaker will hold very tight to the wall. They fit very tight. Hope this helps!:)
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited May 2002
    Options
    In the booklet it comes with, it talks about wall mounting...i think it says something about 10" screws.
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I mounted my rt25's on the wall...although I didnt mount it. I got the measurements and got a custom shelf built. but thats me
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC