RTA 15T found for $250

Polk65
Polk65 Posts: 1,405
edited April 2005 in Vintage Speakers
I have been waiting for these to show up locally several months now and am not dissapointed!

With mw6503's, sl3000's and the overall design, they are nicer than I had imagined.

The soundstage depth these create is a nice surprise and very different than my RTA 12's.
Post edited by Polk65 on

Comments

• Polk65
    edited April 2005
    What is the cause of one tweeter having a bronze color and the other silver?

It's been so long since I've had sl3000's I don't remember what is normal.
  • Polk65
    edited April 2005
    Could this be real wood on the outside? I was told it is Cherry.

left photo: outside top edge (black is the top)
    right photo: inside near MDF brace
  • Polk65
    edited April 2005
    I am curious why this is labeled a T and not TL as it has the sl3000 tweeter.
  • Polk65
    edited April 2005
    Any ideas why Polk Audio black marked over some of their components?

In the previous photo of the crossover and this photo of a PR "Made in Mexico" are crossed out.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited April 2005
    That was a good buy at $250.00. Your speakers are RTA 15TL's regardless what the s/n plate says, so don't worry about it, nor about the blacked out stuff.......doesn't matter. The wood veneer is walnut and the SL3000's came in different shades, some kinda gold, some bright silver and others kinda dark silver to almost black. Enjoy!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk