Monitor 7 questions

Options
Spawndn72
Spawndn72 Posts: 453
edited April 2005 in Vintage Speakers
The serial number on the back say Monitor series 7 55508 and 55510. The picture is of the tweeter. Can someone identify it? Also on one of the 6"1/2 driver, the dome is pushed in. Is this degrading the sound? Should I get it fixed? The speakers sound great to me, but if they could sound better.....

Thanks,
Todd
Setup:
Adcom GFA-545 amp
Nad 1600 pre
Dual 704 TT
Pioneer 707 R2R
Pioneer DV-578A Multi-format
Polk SDA-2 Mains
Post edited by Spawndn72 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2005
    Options
    SL2000.

Yes, fix it.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Spawndn72
    Spawndn72 Posts: 453
    edited April 2005
    Options
    So I am guessing that most everyone is going to tell me to do the tweeter upgrade and get the driver fixed.

So any recomendations on where to send the driver to get it fixed?

And just to make sure, the replacement for the tweeter is the RD 0194-1, right? And how hard is this to install? Any modifications to the cabniets?

And thanks for the help Russ

Thanks,
    Todd
    Setup:
    Adcom GFA-545 amp
    Nad 1600 pre
    Dual 704 TT
    Pioneer 707 R2R
    Pioneer DV-578A Multi-format
    Polk SDA-2 Mains
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2005
    Options
    No mods needed. Call Ken at customer service on Monday, and he'll get you what you need.

As far as the dustcap, you can always try to pull it out with tape, the vacuum cleaner, or even make a small hole with a stick pin, and try to manipulate it.

Technically, it's not hurting anything, it would just drive me bananas.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Looking at the condition of that tweeter, I would definitely replace them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk