SRS Series 2 price estimate

AZjones
AZjones Posts: 1
edited March 2005 in Vintage Speakers
My home theater is being turned into a nursery (new baby), I have a pair of Polk SRS Series 2 speakers that I've loved over the years, but they're just too big for our house now. Does anyone know what they're worth now? I'm wondering if I should put them on ebay or what. Any suggestions? (maybe put them in storage until I get a bigger house, or use them to drown out the baby crying, or use them as a really big baby monitor so we can hear the cries in full stereo in another room?) - Sorry for the rambling. If location is an issue for prices, I'm in Phoenix.

Nathan

nathan@n8jones.com
Post edited by AZjones on

Comments

• polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited March 2005
    Assuming the model you're referring to is the SRS 2, probably in the $500-600 range.

See here:

http://www.polksda.com/ebay.shtml
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited March 2005
    Those are some very desirable speakers and you don't see the SRS 2 on eBay very often. If you put them up for bid you'll probably fetch what you are looking for them; but you might regret it later as those are virtually irreplaceable once you sell them.

There are a few folks from Arizona here in the forum; they might be interested in a local look-see and pickup if you want to sell them.

Pick a price and put them up in the Flea Market. I'm sure there may be some interested folks in here especially if you don't mind a forum member checking them out as a reference since you are new.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2005
    You should talk to member Brettw22, he's in your neck of the woods, and looking for a pair of 'large' SDA's.

FWIW, I paid $400 for mine, in a package deal from the original owner.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited March 2005
    I'm down in Tucson. Think these would be much of an upgrade from my 1C's?

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited March 2005
    I've not heard the SRS 2, but the 1Cs are IMO one of the best, if not the best model of the SDA line that I've heard for music. I love my SRS, but there are some days I like my 1Cs as much if not better.

I've not heard the SRS 2 referred to with the same "love" as the 1Cs...
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited March 2005
    Thanks, polksda. I guess I should probably put that money into the new tweeters first. I'm trying to make my mind up as to whether I should do a crossover upgrade on these 1C's or wait till I get a set of SRS's or 1.2's. :confused:

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2005
    Wes,
    Personally I'd opt for the SRS 2's over the 1C's... not a night and day difference, but the 2's dig deeper and are more efficient to boot.

Won't disagree with polksda's comment on the relative love displayed, but I'd attribute it to the SRS 2's being a rarer bird. For sure you see far fewer SRS 2's for sale...

If they are still available, they'd be worth the road trip to check 'em out for yourself.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited March 2005
    I'll say that if there's anyway you could store them and keep them, that would be my first choice. I couldn't imagine giving up those speakers...but if life dictates that they must go, then I hope you'll be able to seel them here to keep them in the family.

Good luck