2 channel on the cheap....

2»

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited May 2002
    Ok it is a link www.soundexonline.com
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited May 2002
    TroyD: I remember when you got your DQ-10s. I didn't realize what you paid. Damn dude! Awesome.

Mantis: Nice site and store. The car out front was very appropriate. I tried the Used Gear section and could only get transparent cables. I'll try again later. Old computer.

Used gear in general: Heck yeah! Some stuff just isn't made like it used to be. When it is it costs too much. I bought a pair of used Altecs off E-bay just because I like the price. It worked out well.

My 2ch rig: @ $350
    Monitor Bronze Series 2 spkrs @ $200 used
    Dynaco ST-120A amp @ $99
    Dynaco Pat-4 pre @ $51
    Cables, wire, Playstation (CD) used by me and sitting around collecting dust. It sounds great!
    Make it Funky! :)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2002
    All I see used are cables.....

Do they post any open box gear on the site? If they don't , maybe they should...

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2002
    Thanks Mark....yeah, 280 for the DQ's is one of the all time great scores. Especially since, operationally, they are flawless. Within the last 5 yrs they were completely redone (all drivers, wiring and crossovers)

I have been thinking, based on a conversation with Russ, that in terms of new gear, I would probably be looking at the better part of 5K to rival my gear in terms of sound quality. (edit) Actually, I was just reading some of the paperwork on the DQ's and they went for 700 a pair, new, in 1974. Translate that to 2002 dollars and 5K may be an overly conservative estimate......

Flame and scoff if you want, the B&W demo that Russ and I did, with the same amp, I wouldn't be ashamed of the DQ-10 performance.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited May 2002
    What cost $700 in 1974 would cost $2683.55 in 2001.

--- http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

Aaron