New help for old Polks

Options
jlock
jlock Posts: 1
edited March 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Hi folks,

This is my first post to the forum. I joined a short while ago to find repair resources for my aging Polk RM-3000 drivers. The foam suspension/surrounds were beginning to disintegrate and I just couldn't part with them.

After a little web searching I located The Speaker Doctor based in Charlotte, NC.

I had them re-foam the mid-range drivers for $20 each (plus shipping) and I'm truly amazed! They sound absolutely brand new again.

The Speaker Doctor offers a wide range of reasonably priced repair services for speakers and can be a godsend for many restoration projects.

Cheers!
John Lock
Post edited by jlock on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for the info.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Welcome :) Great information....thanks for letting the forum know.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,027
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Charlotte, NC...

Now thats not far away at all...

"Speaker Doctor"...

I know where I want to work this summer! :D
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2005
    Options
    Welcome John, thanks for the review of their work. I have added them to my bookmarks.

Who did you use for shipping?