Help moving into a new Apartment

eaadams
eaadams Posts: 213
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
K I'm moving to a new apartment. I am still in the process of moving. I don’t know how I should setup my stuff in the new living room. Below are relevant pics of the apartment that have been photoshoped to show where the walls are and relevant angles. The ceiling has pebbly looking stuff all over it. The TV (A 36" WEGA) is going where the cable outlet is under the stair banister. I don’t know where to put a sub (Polk PSW-650) or my two rears let alone a 6th channel someday.

HELP!

floorplan:
eastlake%20copy.jpg

seated on couch:
avs_room1.jpg

from dining room:
avs_room6.jpg

at couches:
avs_room15.jpg

angle of ceiling:
avs_room17.jpg
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2001
    You didn't say what your surrounds were, so I used R10's. The pic is obviously out of scale, but i think if you used direct radiating, mount them above, firing directly towards your heed.

The sub isnt actually sitting on top of the milkcrate, but over by the bookcase, against the wall, run the LFE under the carpet. This is my initial suggestion. Dipoles would work better for your rears if you can do it.

avs_room15.jpg

avs_room6.jpg

Sorry for the crudeness, no photoshop at work...

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • eaadams
    eaadams Posts: 213
    edited August 2001
    Immgine if the PSW was that big! I'd never need a date again

Do I need to worry about any resonance of the PSW with the glass door back there?

My rears are minimonitors, I'll go with dipoles when I win the lotto and the main will be rt-55i's.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2001
    ...I think it will work fine, check out RonP's site (someone post the damn link), and check out his homemade brackets on his rears....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.