Prices for PolkAudio Model10B Speakers.

discomixman
discomixman Posts: 4
edited March 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Can some one Give me a Price estimate for the PolkAudio
Model 10B Speakers.I do realize that they are no longer in
production,has this fact driven up the Price of a pair of
PolkAudio model 10B's?.
Truly, Discomixman.Get back to me somebody.
Post edited by discomixman on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2005
    Check Ebay.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited March 2005
    I picked up my Monitor 10's for.... $150, I believe. Drove into NY to pick 'em up... so no delivery charge. Speakers this large, it's really best to find local. Shipping charges are big $$$
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2005
    Prices vary. I bought my first pair of 10b in 1985 for 255 ea. Last fall, I picked up a pair local pickup for 170. Last week I got a pair of 7s for 100. What would it cost to get my 6 speakers? You ain't got enough.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2005
    I sold a pair of MINT 10B, original boxes and original owners manual for $150 to a fellow Polkie.....that's also my benchmark for future purchases. I think I'm done with this speaker, as 4 pairs have been through here, and it's getting old.

If it doesn't have any original items....<$100 and that's pushing it.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2005
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Check Ebay.

Ebay isn't always very accurate. some dude was trying to unload a pair for $360 BIN :mad:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dbp
    dbp Posts: 12
    I need to part ways with my Model 10B studio monitor system after lovingly listening to them as the original owner for 32 years. They are aesthetically and acoustically in excellent condition. I replaced the tweeters with the RD0194-1 five years ago. They will come with the original stand (shorter version) and an extra SL2000 tweeter. What might be a reasonable asking price? On eBay I see around $250-$300 for the pair without stands. What are the alternatives to eBay or Craigslist?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    US Audio Mart and HiFi Shark are two more.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk