10b vs rta11 vs rta12c

rscamer
rscamer Posts: 70
edited February 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Does anyone know much about the rta 11 speaker with the peerless tweeter. what does real time array do? I now have a ht setup with a pair of 10b's will the rta11's make much diff?
I am running a denon 3805 cs400i rt7 srd 5jr srd rear and a paradigm servo 15 plus a velo ct10.room size is 13x18 (I have a chioce between a rta 11 and a rta 12c)
Post edited by rscamer on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2005
    Is this in reference to Krimney's ad in the flea market?

The RTA12C is the better speaker out of that bunch IMO.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • rscamer
    rscamer Posts: 70
    edited February 2005
    Yes it is in response to his trip to Vancouver. what is real time array?
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2005
    RTA, Real Time Array, is the idea that the aligment of the voice coils of the associated drivers, results in a better soundstage and more accurate reproduction of sound.

Mission and B&W are two other manufacturers that have employed this idea in the past.

The RTA12C is the only RTA series, IMO, that truly stands up to this theory, and executes. The RTA8/11/15 are all loose interpretations of this idea.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • browsinbob
    browsinbob Posts: 22
    edited February 2005
    I have 2 pairs of the polk rta-12c's,84'-85'era.
    I'm thinking of listing a pair on ebay soon, but I can't seem to locate my specs sheet for them. Freq. response, Sensitivity, Power handling, etc.
    If anyone can help with this, it would be appretiated.
    I find these speakers to be very good for home theater as well as music.
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2005
    I've posted that somewhere Bob, do a search on me or RTA12. If you don't find it, I'll post it later tonight.
  • browsinbob
    browsinbob Posts: 22
    edited February 2005
    Tried the searches with no luck.
    Shame on Polk for not listing specs. on their vintage speakers!
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by browsinbob
    Shame on Polk for not listing specs. on their vintage speakers!

AMEN!

how hard can it be to PDF manuals and post them?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited February 2005
    I'm working on it... I only have a few user manuals on my site at the moment, but if the gentleman at Polk that I spoke with delivers as promised, I should have a host of user manuals for vintage Polks available in PDF form within a month or two, at no charge. He's sending me Xerox copies of many of the user manuals and spec sheets of vintage Polks. I'll scan them and convert them to PDF.

I'm still having trouble with what the best way is to "lock the files down" to prevent replication en masse, but still make them useful to folks. I'm thinking watermarking, or printable headers or something. Why? I'm perfectly willing to make them available to everyone, but the last thing I want is for someone to download them and then start selling them on Ebay (there's already someone out there charging ridiculous amounts for Xerox copies of Polk manuals).

This is meant to be freely distributable information, not a profit opportunity for someone...

Or maybe I'm just overreacting.
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2005
    You're overreacting.