Pronto TSU1000 for sale cheap

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
edited January 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I'm thinking 60.00 plus shipping takes it and the recharger station. It's in great shape and works perfect. Fully programmable VIA a computer. I have the orignal boxes manuals and programming cable.

Dmantis20@aol.com

or leave a post here.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited January 2005
    Options
    e-mail sent, just had a few questions
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited January 2005
    Options
    I will take it if Faster doesn't. Thanks, Jeff
  • faster100
    edited January 2005
    Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and try this out,

Thanks,

e-mail sent again, payment sent....
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Faster100 paid in full so the Pronto is sold.

Always a pleasure Faster...

Dan
    Dan
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited January 2005
    Options
    I should take some time to get that TSU3000 working someday.....hmmm
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • faster100
    edited January 2005
    Options
    I figured id try the cheaper 1000 model and see if its what i really want, before i go upgrade crazy on pronto's :D
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Those Prontos have too many dang options. By the time you have it properly programmed, its time for new equipment!
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    Options
    I program them in 3 hours or less depending on the system.
    Dan
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Dan - I need to hire you to take a trip down here, because this thing does way more than my brain can handle.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2005
    Options
    How can a remote take 3hrs to program, and that from a guy that's done it over and over? If that's the case, how does Joe 6pack ever get it done?

What the hell does they damn thing do? Has it got a satellite uplink or some ****? It's a remote, isn't it?

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2005
    Options
    What's labor on an install....50-60 bucks an hr or more??

Ripoff.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    Options
    anonymouse,
    visit this site
    www.remotecentral.com

dorokusai,
    I can program it from here and send you the file. Email me if you want it done and we can talk about it.

RuSsMaN,
    The remote can take up to 4 hours sometime depending on the system. I have programmed them in 20 minutes to 4 hours. It really varies.What this remote is Russ a fully programmable touch screen remote. You can label ALL your buttom correctly and bring in pictures butmaps etc. It's a really nice remote fully macro programmable to setup yur system for you then convert itself into a device controlling remote. It also turns on and off the parts of the system thats needed to do what you wanna do. Drop IR controlled screens , lights , heating , air you name it and it will control it if It excepts Ir codes.

Troy,
    You have no idea. The Labor charge for me to program the remote is 400.00. If I do it in 20 minutes or 4 hours , thats what it costs you. If you have a second zone off your theater then it's 500.00 for me.
    Don't judge what you have no idea about.Custom programming or any programming for that matter isn't cheap. What labor charges are cheap??? NONE that I know of. I gotta pay the bills somehow man.

All in all guys if anyone has trouble programming there remotes, feel free to email or post in here.We can talk abou it
    Dan
  • TroyD
    edited January 2005
    Options
    400 to program a REMOTE??

Dan, I'm not knocking you as you don't set the fees, Tweeter does.

El Christo, that's highway robbery.

BDT
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Dan - Rob sent me his old DA4ES file, but I didn't take the time to really try and get it working. It's been one of those, I'll do it tomorrow" things....that has been months. Now both programs are gone, after a clean reformat, and it was put

Let me get the Pronto program loaded on the computer again, and mess with it a little more. Thank you for the offer, and I'll be in touch if it just isn't working out.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2005
    Options
    How much do the remotes retail for?

Man, after buying it, paying someone to set it up, think of the $ you COULD have spent on your ACTUAL gear instead.

Touch screen, push button - still gotta use yer' finger, whats the difference?

For $400, I'd rather hire a stripper (or a couple dirty whores) for one night, to walk up to my rig and adjust it manually.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Dirty whores that know how to program a remote! Now we're talking :p
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Troy,
    I'm not sure what you mean by what you said but yes I don't set the prices Tweeter does. The value is there.

Russ,
    The remote retails for 400.00 plus 80.00 for the recharging station. So 480.00 plus tax. The programming is 400.0 plus tax so just under a grand , you have total control over your system with one remote with one touch macro control. Not to mention when you do lighting control , the remote can activate preset scenes to dim the lights according to when the system is ready for watching.I have a full Lutron Spacer System and it's very nice to watch the lights go down as the gear and tv come on. It's another very cool thing to add to the movie experience. Even for listening to cd's I use it to dim the lights to a certain percent for music listening. Late at night and daytime are different light settings. Even changing the lind of music you listen to you can change the light setting in the macro strings. It's alot of power in your hands.

Another thing to consider is shading. If you live where the sun shines in bright, you can buy IR controlable shades that can be rolled down with one button press.

Another very cool factor is that you parents can come over, press one button and get cable or dss working with surround sound. They can get a DVD movie ready with one button push.

For you control may not be that Iportant but for most control is everything.Having the ability to control your system without looking or using 3 to 10 different remotes is priceless to many my man.

I may rather spend the money on a few strippers 2 , but at the end of the day I like having control over my system.

Dan
    Dan
  • TroyD
    edited January 2005
    Options
    What I MEAN Dan, is that my comments were not aimed at you directly. You are (like most of us) just a cog in the corporate machinery.

A grand for a freakin' remote, all in? That's just an excise tax on stupidity.

For a grand, I'll burn a calorie here and there to change the channel.

BDT
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    Options
    For a grand, I'll burn a calorie here and there to change the channel.

Not a bad Idea as alot of us can stand to drop a few.But having control over your system with one remote and one button touch operaton is very nice.Nothing in this world today comes cheap.

It's a matter of where the value is when building a home theater system. Some spend 3x more on video then the entire audio system then drop a G on control. Makes no scence right?? To some it's what matters.

I never saw the value in great video , I always owned Sony XBR Tv's bt never took the next step. Now that I got into HDTV , I find video every bit as Important as audio. Ask me that a year ago and audio would favor 60%.

Dan
    Dan
  • TroyD
    edited January 2005
    Options
    True, nothing is cheap, but in the grand scheme of things, I can think of a lot of other things to spend a thousand dollars on.

I'm not a gadget person and video, while cool (hoosier's HD projector is a cool-man item) is not something I lose sleep over.

BDT
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Seems like you could stay at a Holiday Inn Express then do it the next yourself..........

RT1
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited January 2005
    Options
    I'll stick with Home Theater Master remotes and I'll program it myself via computer...
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    Options
    It's all good. We all have the part of our hobby we love more then others. I try to enjoy all it has to offer.

The Home theater Master remotes are nice.
    Dan
  • faster100
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Received the remote today in great shape with boxes.. Thanks again,

Now to program this and make it look good has got me aggravated today :D

I guess i'll give it some time this weekend.. Not for the remote newbie for sure,
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    Options
    faster,

If programming becomes a problem, email me and we can talk about it.

Dan
    Dan