Pioneer Elite CLD59 laserdisk and disks for sale

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
edited January 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have had this player for a long time. I don't use it much at all. I have several laserdisks I could package together if someone wants to go vintage video and play with Laserdisk.

Make offers what you wanna pay for it and I'll let it go at a great deal.

Again a Pioneer Elite CLD59 laserdisck player and some laserdisks I still have left including Star Wars.

Email me at

Dmantis20@aol.com

or leave a post here

Dan
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited January 2005
    what all movies do you have? I never got the chance to see/play with a LD. Did they have digital out's or were they just analog but on a disk for better resolution? Pro's/con's of LD (other than size obviously)?
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • chenj16
    chenj16 Posts: 148
    edited January 2005
    would you consider shipping to canada? thanks!
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    Toxis,
    I would have to make you a list. I have some very good ones Including the star wars Triology. The player has Digital coax out but needs a RF decorder in front of it. Alot of higher end receivers including Pioneer Elite had and as RF Decoders.
    The video out is coposite and S video. The player is in excellent shape and is very fun to play with. The sound quality of Laserdisk is very good.

chenj16,

Sure I would. I would get a price for you and we can make the deal as you wish. As I told Toxis, the player is in great shape and will come with a number of disks. I will count them and post a detailed list of the disks I have left. I have the manual and Remote but the orignal box got thrown out by mistake. When we moved some things went into the trash that I believe shouldn't havwe but the wirfe did. No big deal as I can box it up safely for delivery.

Dan
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    Sorry guys I didn't get a chance to list the movies. But I will do it tonight once I settle in.

Dan.

I know I have a bunch of Disney movies and Star wars.I gotta do the list.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    Ok here is a list of the laserdisks I have left.

STAR WARS SPECIAL WIDESCREEN EDITION
    EMPIRE STRIKES BACK FOX EDITION
    RETURN OF THE JEDI FOX EDITION
    STAR WARS WIDESCREEN EDITION
    GODZILLA
    BATMAN
    BATMAN RETURNS
    PINOCCHIO
    THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTREDAME
    ALLIDIN
    THE LION KING
    BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
    BEAUTY AND THE BEAST FROM THE 1991 NEW YORK FILM FESTIVAL
    ROGER RABBIT
    POWDER
    RAMBO III
    JAWS 2
    EXCABIBUR
    DIE HARD 2
    TOP GUN

It's a nice collection and can be all yours with the player.

Talk to me,

Dan
    Dan
  • kn505
    kn505 Posts: 380
    edited January 2005
    What is your asking price?
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    kn505 ,

they go for around 350.00 on audiogon but I don't want all that and that price is without any disks.I will take 225.00 plus shipping for the whole deal. I think thats a killer price considering when it was new it was a &1,000.00 and disks where 30 to 70 bucks a pop.

Dan
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    Here is a pic of it if it will allow me to post it
    Dan
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited January 2005
    that sounds great i love most of the movies i am thinking about it if anyone elas dont jump on this i just might
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    goingganzo,
    ok let me know what you wanna do.

Dan
    Dan
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited January 2005
    Go for it. The CLD-59 is no slouch as a LD player; I have one. I toyed briefly with snagging this as a backup, but nah. Let someone else have fun with the toys. :D

That Beauty & the Beast Work in Progress edition is really neat to watch. I wish they would release it on DVD.
  • Meeks32
    Meeks32 Posts: 330
    edited January 2005
    Question, not to take away from what you are selling. But why would anyone want a LD player now, besides for some movies that arent on DVD now. Are there any advantages to LD over DVD?
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited January 2005
    Not so much advantages in quality (IMO), but in availability. For example, the original Star Wars theatrical releases are available on laserdisc. They will never (supposedly) be released on DVD.

That Beauty & the Beast WIP is a prime example.

There are boatloads of music and concert videos on LD that will never see the light of day on DVD. The CDV format will only play video via LD player, not DVD (the video is analog, not digital).
  • mantis
    edited January 2005
    Alot of titles you can't get on dvd you can get on laserdisk. Laser disk has many cool titles.
    Dan