tape/cdr record out for bi-amping?

Ceruleance
Ceruleance Posts: 991
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
my jvc-8010 sadly does not have pre-amp outputs which is sad because in order to upgrade to more power i have to ditch it in favor of a new receiver. However, i was wondering, if its possible to use the tape/cdr recording output to send the signal to a seperate amp for just the front channels. are there problems with this? would it send the front signals out even if i was watching a multi-channel source ? should i just accept it and buy a new receiver?
Post edited by Ceruleance on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited April 2002
    Hello,
    Thanks for participating in the Forum. The tape out connection wouldn't work very well, it is "before" the receiver's volume control. This means that any changes in the overall volume, of your receiver, wouldn't effect the signal going to the separate amplifier. This arrangement is done, so recordings made on cassette decks, for example wouldn't be effected by the receiver's volume. A way to do what you wish would be to use a amplifier connection box. These allow a speaker level output to be connected to a line level input on the separate power amplifier. You might want to check with a few amplifier companies to see if they make a speaker level junction box that would match a speaker level output, from your receiver, to a line level input on the amplifier.
    Regards, Ken Swauger
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited April 2002
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited April 2002
    You're welcome, glad to be of help.
    Take care, Ken
  • BBUBBA
    BBUBBA Posts: 66
    edited April 2002
    you might be able to use a multiroom output , does it have one . Would need to set the level , by trial and error. Just a thought