LS-90 efficency

doctorg
doctorg Posts: 29
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
Anybody remember the efficiency rating for the LS-90's?
Skip
Post edited by doctorg on

Comments

• stubby
    stubby Posts: 723
    edited April 2002
    They were rated at 90dB. And that's not just from memory. That's straight out of the Polk literature. Nice speakers.

Stubby
    SRS 3.1TL
    Harman Kardon Citation 5.1
    Anthem AVM2

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2002
    Not just nice, SEXY speakers brotha....

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • doctorg
    edited April 2002
    Thanks Stubby:
    We're in the process of moving and I have no idea where I packed orig. manuals. Thinking of moving up to either Denon 5802 (from Sony DA50ES), or going Marantz pre w/monoblocks. Thought I remembered efficiency as being fairly high. I'll be upgrading speaker cables as well, so thought this was good info to have...
    Skip
  • tjschrad
    tjschrad Posts: 6
    edited April 2002
    If you are thinking of spending the money on the Denon 5800. Take a look at ROTEL! They make high end separates & receivers that just sound incredible. The RMB 1095 (200w x 5) power amp. & RSP 1066 pre-amp/processor list for about $3500. The sound is awesome. Compared to the Denon 5800 go with the Rotel set-up. The Rotel RMB 1075 (120w x 5) power amp. & RSP 1066 pre./proc. list for about $2700.
    Go to www.rotel.com to get info and dealer near you.
    I had settled on the Denon AVR3802 (About $1000), before I heard the Rotel line. Now I'm trying to come up with and extra $1700 in the budget. :p
  • doctorg
    edited April 2002
    Thanks- I've had no experience with Rotel. When you live in the tullies of eastern N.M. you tend to have limited choices. I have listened to the new Denon, as well as the Marantz w/monoblocks, but short of the really expensive gear, that's about it. Any and all advice is appreciated....
    Skip