new iPhones

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
I currently have a iPhone 8 Plus and didn't really care for the X due to it's narrow screen and the notch. I played around with the Max and the R the other day and I think both of those pones are a huge upgrade from the X.
The R is very cool. The price is awesome and the size is perfect.I could care less about the colors but they are cool nonetheless.
The MAX is awesome basically the same size as the Plus and actually has a real bigger screen with useable 16x9 video playback without having the stupid notch in the way. I compared video on both and it's basically the same size as the plus running the video.
This is what I wished the X was but wasn't.
Opinions on these 2 new phones?
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    I have the XS Max and love it. I stayed with the 8 last time around because the standard X was too small for me. The phone is so fast and responsive and the images and colors on the screen are incredible. The camera is a stud too.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I have the XR and I like it a lot. Got it in (product) red. Very cool looking. Nice big screen, very lightweight. The rear camera is a downgrade from the 8 Plus you have now. The resolution of the display is also a slight downgrade from the 8 Plus you have now but the XR has a bigger display than the 8 Plus in a smaller phone overall. You can get the XR with 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB (I got 128GB). Every other iPhone makes you choose between 64GB and 256GB.

Check this out article Dan: iPhone XR - The best iPhone value in years
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mantis
    Options
    It's a toss up between the XR and the XS Max. I like the size of the XR and the cost very much but the max is just badass. I'm just debating if it's worth the extra cost.
    Dan
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Do you use the camera much?
    That was the deciding factor for me
    That and , like you said, it’s badass!
  • halo
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    It's a toss up between the XR and the XS Max. I like the size of the XR and the cost very much but the max is just badass. I'm just debating if it's worth the extra cost.

The front camera is the same. The rear camera isn't as good as the one on your 8 Plus or the MAX. So, if picture taking is important, either stay where you are or go for the MAX. The XR is slightly bigger than the X/XS. The screen is bigger than the 8 Plus and the X/XS but the bezel around the screen is slightly larger. It's super easy to use, same processor as the XS & MAX. Definitely cheaper than the TOTL phones but your 8 Plus is no slouch. The camera on the 8 Plus is pretty good.

I have a metric ton of cases for the 8 Plus including a battery case. I don't need them anymore. If you stay with the 8 Plus, let me know Dan.
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mantis
    Options
    LOL your a case junky like me. I really like buying new cases, I probably have some or most of the cases you have LOL. I do really like the Apple Red Leather case which is what I'm currently using. I usually buy Black cases with sometimes some color details but usually just black.
    Dan
  • joecoulson
    Options
    I switched to the Apple leather cases back when the 6+ came out. Have only purchased those ever since. I’m a pocket holder and they work great for me.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    I have the Xs and my wife has the Xs max. The max is awesome
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • halo
    Options
    I like having a clear case for the XR. Looks nice. Never could go for an Apple leather case; too rich for my blood.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Good deal today for Verizon. Must add on new line which will dismiss most Verizon customers. crdt69fe0x4r.png

https://www.dealnews.com/offer/17699564
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”