SRS SDA 1.2 trouble

Options
Hey guys!
Brand new to the forum so thanks for having me! Here's the issue; I have a pair of 1.2's that was working great until I fired up the system recently (I currently use my Pioneer SX 1250...I know it's not the recommended minimum 200 WPC but I'm waiting for my Hafler DH 500 to be upgraded) and I have one speaker which is playing music but only faintly. I switched the speakers to the opposite channel and nothing changed so I know that it's not an issue with the receiver. I posed the question on another forum and the response was that it was most likely a bad capacitor in the crossover (luckily they suggested I come)...anyway, any help would be appreciated!

PS. Unfortunately my area of expertise is far afield from electrical engineering so I'm unable to fix it myself but at least I'll have a pretty good idea what to have checked. Thanks again!

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    Tweeters working?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    It's not a bad capacitor. Check your jumpers, if they're good it's possible the polyswitch has completely failed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk