More than half of all car loans in Canada are for 84 months

124»

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I am just one who won't shy away from it if it can make my life easier, faster, cheaper, more convenient, etc.

H9

You just made your case for a new Sex doll robot this Christmas. What color hair are you getting ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited November 2018
    tonyb wrote: »
    I am just one who won't shy away from it if it can make my life easier, faster, cheaper, more convenient, etc.

H9

You just made your case for a new Sex doll robot this Christmas. What color hair are you getting ? :)

Imagine if one of those decided to lock up at an inopportune moment.

(or blue screen, for that matter)

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited November 2018
    News story last night. there were 2 fellows discussing how they can hack a pacemaker. Which soon lead to the largest manufacturer to up their security, or whatever you do to prevent hacking.

They could actually kill you.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Yes, there will always be someone trying to do stuff like that. I guess the alternative is the guy with the pacemaker would already be dead and buried w/o it.

Always going to be risk/reward scenario's. Up to the individual to decide. Technology, just like everything else man has invented has upsides and downsides.

H9

Blonde hair Tony.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    edited November 2018
    Funny story about Nav in cars. My 2016 Mazda6 Sport didn't come with it, even though I have the touch screen and other hardware. They told me it was like $700 to add it. Eff that, I used my phone and Tom Tom. About a year ago I did some research, $82 for an SD card off ebay and my in car Nav is now functional...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481

H9

Don't laugh a tech company did a survey last year and millennials overwhelmingly chose an A.I. person over the real thing....for yep..... sex
  • ^^those sexbots are all the rage in Japan. That is if you can afford it, which I guess many can.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Driving the car yourself is also redundant Brock, if the car can do it for you....and today it can. Anyone charging 5500 for navigation is ripping you off anyway. You don't need the tuner in a car if the phone can do it, just the amp and speakers, right ? Next car, order it without the tuner, redundant anyway in todays age.

Point is, too many are making their phones an irreplaceable part of their life, almost like a body appendage, attached at the hip. Personally, I don't take my phone with me everywhere I go, some may be different, I get that. I just refuse to let technology run my life is all. Then it controls you, instead of you controlling it.

My phone has nearly replaced my laptop at work. My job causes me to work all over the place, on campus, other states, countries. Even while I commute, while being safe of course! I can do almost everything on my phone that just a few years ago required a laptop.

When our company got rid of the land lines at work and replaced them with cell phones, I wonder if they had foresaw the fact that now they can contact us 24/7? Even if you just notice the missed weekend call or text on Monday morning, they got ya. Evil geniuses, they are! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Willow wrote: »
    I enjoy the nav in our rdx, my issue is that the DVD is 200$ and we almost have to update it every 2 years. Mind you this is a 2012 rdx not sure how the new ones run. In our 07 rav I use my phone with waze and that works great.

Most newer factory Nav systems now update over the airwaves. Heck they can even install software updates not only on your infotainment/navigation systems, but any subsystem on your vehicle that is software controlled (all of them).
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • tonyb
    verb wrote: »
    Driving the car yourself is also redundant Brock, if the car can do it for you....and today it can. Anyone charging 5500 for navigation is ripping you off anyway. You don't need the tuner in a car if the phone can do it, just the amp and speakers, right ? Next car, order it without the tuner, redundant anyway in todays age.

Point is, too many are making their phones an irreplaceable part of their life, almost like a body appendage, attached at the hip. Personally, I don't take my phone with me everywhere I go, some may be different, I get that. I just refuse to let technology run my life is all. Then it controls you, instead of you controlling it.

My phone has nearly replaced my laptop at work. My job causes me to work all over the place, on campus, other states, countries. Even while I commute, while being safe of course! I can do almost everything on my phone that just a few years ago required a laptop.

When our company got rid of the land lines at work and replaced them with cell phones, I wonder if they had foresaw the fact that now they can contact us 24/7? Even if you just notice the missed weekend call or text on Monday morning, they got ya. Evil geniuses, they are! :smile:

Yep, they then expect you to be available 24/7. Your time is never really your own. The other downside to a company phone is they have access to all your private conversations and sites you visit. This can eventually come back and bite you in the rear. My wife carries 2 phones, so personal stays that way....and business can get shut off when at home.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Yep, phone on 24/7. In bed by midnight, up at 4:30am.

2.5 more years, I can rest.

• verb
    I'm about 6 years away, so a bit further away. I work a lot with partners all over the globe. The phone allows us during the week to participate in meetings at all times of the day. Yes evil geniuses they are! :smile:
  • verb

Yep, they then expect you to be available 24/7. Your time is never really your own. The other downside to a company phone is they have access to all your private conversations and sites you visit. This can eventually come back and bite you in the rear. My wife carries 2 phones, so personal stays that way....and business can get shut off when at home.

I'm with ya on that Tony. I keep my personal cell phone for that reason. Don't need the company to start monitoring my time and usage on their phones. They even proclaimed that you can use it for personal use, yeah, but what is my business stays my business.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I'm about 6 years away, so a bit further away. I work a lot with partners all over the globe. The phone allows us during the week to participate in meetings at all times of the day. Yes evil geniuses they are! :smile:

Driving that C8 on the Nuremburgring… I hate you. ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    Yeah and all the while video conferencing! Now that's a talent! :smile:
  • verb wrote: »
    I drive company cars that are very early production or not yet in production vehicles. Every few months I get a new one....

His current ride...

bqy28ln4qmoa.jpg

The cover has been taken off the C8. Not crazy about the front and rear styling. Mid engine has been long overdue for the Vette.
  • heiney9
    Funny story about Nav in cars. My 2016 Mazda6 Sport didn't come with it, even though I have the touch screen and other hardware. They told me it was like $700 to add it. Eff that, I used my phone and Tom Tom. About a year ago I did some research, $82 for an SD card off ebay and my in car Nav is now functional...

My parents have a 2017 Mazda 6, did the same thing you did. I think the sales guy even told him he could get the SD card and save $625....lmao!

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    I think bringing back the CB radio for business would work.......It's funny when people used a CB radio while driving no one said a word about distracted driving.
  • You couldn't tell the difference between distracted driving and normal steering wheel play since most cars drifted between lanes on their own back then. There was that and the girlfriend basically sitting in your lap on date night. Things have changed....
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • tonyb
    There was that and the girlfriend basically sitting in your lap on date night. Things have changed....

Yeah, now they still sit on your lap, but they are taking selfies and posting it on social media in real time. That's the distracting part. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's