Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    3hxf7vlr4ukd.jpeg
    In TN for a small getaway
  • Gatlinburg?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • joecoulson
    Yuh
    We are actually staying in Pigeon Forge but spent the mid afternoon there today.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited November 2018
    Oh yea. My step daughter rode that ride.

Joe,

I spotted a great little drive through a park just off the main drive ( just to the left of the picture from that ride across the main drag ) but still in the City limits. It's a PARK with a COOL lookout during the drive that you can walk up on a little hill or stay down in the parking lot. Here's a few picks from that park right in the little city limits of Gatlinburg TN..
    yzt7wcmcqsku.png
    my Brother in Law is in a couple of these.
    ch7ae171p54r.png
    hm84jtm9qbmt.png
    zz7zavuk9o0i.png
    o057rdoowgc9.png
    k2hcpruhc7cp.png
    gf9veu7mbf9l.png
    sd5phtq4j9ig.png
    8vqjgokd7e89.png
    idtn5kx10124.png
    vv2fo5xcmrrk.png
    eb0w9rd9s569.png
    6jgf9mja3e97.png
    1t3cnt3duzgy.png
    i369wnim258f.png
    gikpew49n888.png
    8oo6lar2g4fw.png
    3taulh4jg1wf.png
    4o3fuqh0nta1.png
    That was one cool Park drive!! I loved it if you couldn't already tell.

It's practically right in the MIDDLE of that little bowl of a city. <3B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ^^^ holy Moses, that's a gorgeous place!
  • Tony M
    There were med. size deer laying beside the road in a few places also.

It was about 5 miles long too I think.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited November 2018
    Yup, been to that park many times.

G-burg is AWESOME!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Tony M
    edited November 2018
    joecoulson wrote: »
    3hxf7vlr4ukd.jpeg

Don't forget to go to "Clingmans Dome" if you haven't already. I think it's just a short drive to get there. I'll check the web now. Yea, it's only 10 or 15+ miles away. Now there's a site/view to behold!
    It's not far at all!
    z0o5t2v9mizq.png
    ezitldkz6oc5.png
    8y9xjqwka5yh.png

"Cade's Cove" is another cool drive. You might see some black bears on the trail in that Park. Deer also. There's a rest area midway through the drive. It was a great Park to see how the settlers in the past lived as a community amongst the wildlife if they didn't hunt and kill all that was around them. But I think there was plenty back then for everybody.
    https://youtu.be/LS90s_hYU1Y

Post edited by Tony M on
  • ^^and Cades Cove.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • EndersShadow
    If your daring and ignore the signs telling you not to, Chimney Tops is a fun hike...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Tony M
    edited November 2018
    I haven't been on that trail and doubt I will after reading about it. But who knows, right?

Clingmans Dome has warning signs for that climb to the observation tower. " Not for the weak hearted" everywhere.

Man my calves were on fire when I got to the tower's up ramp.

I paused ON the ramp on the tower to rest. :# Young people were breezing on by...LOL. :D
  • EndersShadow
    Done it every time I go, but haven’t been since the fire :disappointed:
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    I love those mountains.

duyom9gigjiq.png
  • Tony M
    edited November 2018
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    I love those mountains.

duyom9gigjiq.png

Me too.

I proposed to my wife on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Va. at Burnt Tree Lookout at 3300 ft. above sea level. This is what I remember it looking like.
    fg6rnd9ykhrh.png

We married at the Beach here in Wilm. NC. in '91'. :D

My Father loved them too and is now buried in the foothills of them in Culpeper VA..
  • joecoulson
    And the fire destroyed a bunch.they had to basically rebuild that whole area behind the skylight. There was still a ton of burnt timber up there. They wouldn’t let you off the lift. Just return trip.
  • Tony M
    Beautiful Pictures.

Perfect timing with those yellow leaves. <3
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Great pics Tony!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Even the behemoths of industry can change. Behold, the Electric Harley!
    qpae2z85fg6s.png
    Full disclosure, I'm an old school Harley guy. Both of mine have carbeurators! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    joecoulson wrote: »
    3hxf7vlr4ukd.jpeg

Reminds me of a road trip the Mrs and I took from Michigan to Providence to visit our son at Brown University. We stopped at Johnstown PA to take a ride on the inclined plane!
    t4xvcxhei4p9.png
    Historical pic:
    h4vdb830k6on.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    Stunning pix mark

Verb looks like an incline we used to take not to far from here called Maggie Valley Ghost town. So cool back in the 80’s
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    ^^^^Ghost Town in the Sky!!
    Loved that place when I was a kid!
  • joecoulson
    Me too. The western gun fight show was killer.
  • joecoulson
    Beautiful Christian!
  • Nice!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Tony M
    Mother Nature in all her glory!

Great Pics.!
  • joecoulson
    That last one almost looks like a Monet