Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Drew, you should pair those crooked RCA cables with your crooked power cables and your crooked audio rack. If anyone gives you crap about nothing being straight, just tell them they are supposed to close their eyes when listening to music. Now all you need are some unlevel leaning speakers.

Or just say its your audio enthusiast take on abstract art or cubism.......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Drew, you should pair those crooked RCA cables with your crooked power cables and your crooked audio rack. If anyone gives you crap about nothing being straight, just tell them they are supposed to close their eyes when listening to music. Now all you need are some unlevel leaning speakers.

Now that there is funny...lmao !!

Kinda wondering now, if Drew walks a bit crooked himself. Maybe his house looks like the old Batman movies, a level floor is nowhere to be seen.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    You should buy these, Drew! Make a real go of it!

ijwfrukoiuuy.jpg
  • tonyb
    WAAAAA !! ^^^^^

luimuhjr8ody.jpg
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    mxvxz5v4pc2c.jpg
    Drews house....
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    verb wrote: »
    Thinking about this, you may be able to bend em back so they are straight. Take the collars off, let's see what they look like under the hood!

do not they are molded to the plastic collar inside. The grounds are just 2 piece wipers that fit on the plastic collar and the shell slides over. Call audioquest.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    We hope Jesse...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    From Morrison & Boyd's epochal textbook, Organic Chemistry.

8otdoyvmo2s7.png

5ank4ns7so18.png
  • tonyb
    I thought old chemists were making meth in an RV out in the desert. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    6rw2wscchysb.jpg

I love this joke. But seriously, what restaurant serves hydrogen peroxide? ;)
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

5ank4ns7so18.png

I REALLY was hoping I would never see that book again. Ever.
    Never Ever.
    So thanks for that little jaunt down Nightmare Lane.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • mhardy6647
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

5ank4ns7so18.png

I REALLY was hoping I would never see that book again. Ever.
    Never Ever.
    So thanks for that little jaunt down Nightmare Lane.

I fully understand, and I do apologize.

Heck, to this day I tell my students of my PTSD related to that book.
    When I was taking Orgo, I used to stretch out on my bed and read Morrison & Boyd. It was not uncommon for me to be rudely awakened by the not insubstantial mass of Morrison & Boyd collapsing onto my face.

Not a pleasant memory.

My penance was actually to do a certain amount of actual, down & dirty
    carbohydrate organic chemistry as a grad student. Carbohydrates are extra-awful when it comes to synthetic chemistry, due in large part to their complexity (a typical neutral hexose like glucose has five reactive centers) and their solubility properties. Basically, any organic synthetic chemistry centered around carbohydrates is a lot of work that nearly invariably results in products in the form of a yellow-brown syrup. :|

Thus did I become a biochemist.

• pitdogg2
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    6rw2wscchysb.jpg

and yet you give it to dogs to make them barf up stuff they should not of ate. Guess it works different on humans?
  • mhardy6647
    You'd need to take a good slug of the concentrated (30% solution) reagent. The stuff in the drugstore is pretty dilute (3%, if memory serves).

• pitdogg2
    yes 3% I wasn't thinking the good stuff yes that high strength stuff will burn a hole right through.....
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    My brother is a P-Chem. guy working in D.C. (living in S.S., MD) he's a CHP Certified Health Physicist.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I change light bulbs...
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited November 2018
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    I babysit adults...……………
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited November 2018
    Marky Mark opened his first Chevrolet dealership in the US just up the road. I hear a burger joint is on the way as well.

teu8dfv9edt1.jpg
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    edited November 2018
    His burger joint is going to be a few towns south of me, people are excited, but I don't get it personally. We have burger joints up the ying yang. Good ones too, Shake shack, 5 guys, and a host of other upscale burger joints.

Always liked the guy anyway, wish him much success.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Shake Shack is the burger end game for me as far as fast food goes. These burgers are awesome.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• Nice! I’ll have to swing over and check it out. Not the dealership I’m good on Chevys for now and Dan Tobin is still my go to Chevy dealer.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited November 2018
    Jeremy, he purchased what was Bobby Layman Chevrolet on West Broad. I like burgers, no appetite for Chevys though.