Room Consensus

I am going another direction audio wise and have some stuff I need to move along both vintage and solid state.

I'm discovering that this new direction comes at a price and I wouldn't mind freeing up some space and offset some future costs of the new direction I'm in.

I believe it's called the dreaded "rabbit hole" :D

That being said, I've never sold anything here before, in fact, I'm doing my very first Karma now.

Anyway, I'm thinking of trying to sell some stuff here but I don't want to offend anyone on the pricing.

Fact is, I honestly don't remember what I paid for some of the stuff and I just want to do things right.

Is it improper to list the item with an "interest check" thing, see if there is any and discuss pricing in private?

Or, just pick a price and let the chips fall where they may.

FYI, not trying to flip anything or take advantage of anyone, I just thought maybe someone could get some enjoyment out of the stuff.

Thanks all
David

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    All in for $74 David.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    lightman1 wrote: »
    All in for $74 David.

Wait a minute, didn't you offer way more than that for them DM4's :D

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    I heard the tales Russ.

You have storage buildings not storage rooms FULL of stuff :o
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    Wouldn't overthink it. Put them up with a price you think is fair. If it's too high, the item won't sell. You can always reduce the price and consider offers. GLWS.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Tell me what your selling first, so I can pick the better items before anyone else :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Dr_Wu wrote: »
    Wouldn't overthink it. Put them up with a price you think is fair. If it's too high, the item won't sell. You can always reduce the price and consider offers. GLWS.

Yep, list what you think is a fair price and if you want add that you will consider offers is pm.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer