Red Dead Redemption II anyone?

Played for a couple hours yesterday, so far I’m digging it, the graphics are fantastic...

Comments

• I like how they expanded on the realism aspect of the gameplay. Rockstar really nailed it with RDR2.
    The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Preordered it on Facebook special deal. $34.99. For my sons Birthday. We will play it together. Looks great visually with a good story too. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    Yep, I bought it. Have only played for about 90 mins but it seems like it's going to be great.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    My 16 year old son has it. Graphics are amazing. Looks like a western theme. In will sit down and watch him play Sunday . He is pretty darn good at the games.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Looks super cool ...the only gaming I am doing these days in SKYRIM in VR! and I don't have much time for that! THere is nothing like watching a giant walk by you looking like its 9 feet tall!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • going to get this next Tomorrow, cannot wait to see how it looks/plays
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Is this a video game?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Is this a video game?

Yes, this will give you an idea how good the graphics are, when playing through is normally it’s like being in a movie..

https://youtu.be/6nX6Y2wSpcs
  • I picked it up on Friday and played for about 20 minutes last night. I was tired, so I didn't put any real time into it, but I look forward to it.

For me I had to get out of the first chapter until I got interested. Seriously the nuances of realism are mindblowing. Water actually looks real.

This is giving God of War a run for game of the year.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • With online coming up soon if anyone wants to make a posse I’m on ps4 name is talltizzle.

See you out in the wild partner.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • I couldn't get into the game after two hours in the snow, so I ended up selling it. I read that it picks up a lot afterward, so I may give it another shot in the future. Now that I have a PS4 (as of last week), I've started building a small library of the exclusives I've wanted to play, including Spider-Man, the Uncharted series, and MLB The Show.

Get God of War like yesterday.

Yes it is slow during the snow part but it is a tutorial portion after all. I wasn't able to get into RDR2 until after that point. Can't blame ya though.

Seriously though...God of War is my game of the year.

• Also get PSN because they usually give 2 free games a month. Some better than others. I have amassed 140 free games over the last couple years and some I was willing to pay for. On top of that the sales get crazy cheap. I bought Battle Field 1 for $5, Dark souls 3 for $8, Dark souls 2 for $3 and the list goes on. Usually new games will drop to under 40 within 6 months on PSN.