Anybody tried the Record Doctor clamp?

I'm not sure my system(or even my ears) would benefit from a clamp but at $30 it's worth a shot I guess.
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    px060r03fr25.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    Hmmm; that clamp has an amazing resemblance to my Clearaudio clamp but at less than 1/3 the price. Seems like a no brainer to me and yes clamps do make a difference
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    ozhvccdqmkby.jpg

Very similar looks wise. Was going to offer this one at half price retail, but, $30 seems like a great price...if it works as it's supposed to it's a steal. I say go for it and let us know.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I have one. Works a charm.
  • I have one. I find it makes a noticeable difference on some albums, but not all. The one thing I do not like about it is I can not lower my dust cover when using it.
    HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
    2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
    BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5
  • joecoulson
    That sucks. It barely misses mine (Project Debut III)
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    Skip, never seen one that looks like that....interesting. My niece has asked me what I want for Christmas so I think I'll let Santa bring me the RD item. I didn't want something with a lot of weight(direct drive tt).

Interesting comment about playing records with the cover down. I've never done that with the thinking any possible rumble or other noise would be magnified.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • ^^I agree, lid up when spinning licorice.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I keep the cover down because for whatever reason there is a ton of dust always floating around my room. I wipe a substantial amount of dust off of my speakers, receivers, desk, and other things every day. Otherwise, I'd keep it off, but I think that the rumble caused by the cover is better than the sheer amount of dust that would land on the rekkids. :)
  • joecoulson
    Between the cat and the kids, cover down to avoid catastrophe at the risk of worse sound. Of course critical listening when the family is out and I make sure the cat is napping