Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Viking64 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    In a boring mtg at work. Reading Jimmy’s comment. Started cracking up! Hundie Hundie Hundie! Everyone’s looking at me! :blush:

HAHAHAHAHAHA Oh, man. Dave, that made me LLOL. (Literally laugh out loud.) And not the figurative literally, but the literal literally. :p That made my day. Happy LOLoween. :p

You too brother! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Captain Minty Jimmy alert! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    That is one speaker i still have yet to hear.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • verb
    erniejade wrote: »
    That is one speaker i still have yet to hear.

Dude you're not that far away! Road trip! :smile:
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited November 2018
    We had a pair of RTA-12's here in Wilm. NC. a few years back on Craigs list. The owner had a bunch of speakers that he wanted to clear out fast. He wanted 200.00 for the RTA-12's. :)

And I had no spare change and didn't want to touch my 401K yet. It was a tough week for me. :'(

I didn't even go the 3 miles to see what else he had...that hurt to not have some spare $.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Apparently they couldn't find black paint either. Not a deal, and yuck!

40nygku8zm4v.jpg

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/d/speakers-polk-audio-sda-crs/6726710496.html
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    DaveHo wrote: »

40nygku8zm4v.jpg

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/d/speakers-polk-audio-sda-crs/6726710496.html

I wont lie, I'd be VERY PARTIAL to gloss white finish with a chrome bottom accent piece for some SDA CRS's.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Tony M wrote: »
    We had a pair of RTA-12's here in Wilm. NC. a few years back on Craigs list. The owner had a bunch of speakers that he wanted to clear out fast. He wanted 200.00 for the RTA-12's. :)

And I had no spare change and didn't want to touch my 401K yet. It was a tough week for me. :'(

I didn't even go the 3 miles to see what else he had...that hurt to not have some spare $.

Worst feeling in the world right there. It has happened to me a few times as well..
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140

40nygku8zm4v.jpg

I wont lie, I'd be VERY PARTIAL to gloss white finish with a chrome bottom accent piece for some SDA CRS's.....

You just want the stands :#
  • EndersShadow
    monepolk wrote: »

40nygku8zm4v.jpg

You just want the stands :#

Nah, I’d stand up the stands lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Piano gloss white it’s just a hint of pearl and brushed aluminum on the bottom lip with matching logo and stands would look amazing.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb

40nygku8zm4v.jpg

It looks like the guy used sticky vinyl sheet to cover em, not paint. Yuk! :smile:
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    :s some really nice speakers here, ruined by their owners with terrible paint jobs... :(
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Piano gloss white it’s just a hint of pearl and brushed aluminum on the bottom lip with matching logo and stands would look amazing.

Brushed Stainless steel. Some of that killer enamal they used on cars. Like 40 layers make it look like there 10 feet deep....... yea that's the ticket ;);)
  • EndersShadow

Agreed!
  • Tony M
    Peel that crappy sticky vinyl off, sand them good and veneer them with awesome cherry or walnut. Heck, even Oak is fine with me.

Those Monitor 7's need rescuing too. ;)
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    :s some really nice speakers here, ruined by their owners with terrible paint jobs... :(

Some people should not be allowed to own nice gear.
  • Here is Polk Audio CS-350 Center Channel Speaker in Atlanta area on CL:
    No affiliation - $100

ntueispmkxxp.jpg
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ele/d/polk-audio-cs-350-center/6712226086.html
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • verb
    indyhawg wrote: »

Some people should not be allowed to own nice gear.

Or be allowed to use a paint brush. :smile:
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Here is Polk Audio CS-350 Center Channel Speaker in Atlanta area on CL:
    No affiliation - $100

ntueispmkxxp.jpg
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ele/d/polk-audio-cs-350-center/6712226086.html

Isn't this unobtanium, or pretty close to it? It's $100 and has been around a month... I'd be wary of that, just because it seems like someone would have jumped on it in that time.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Here is Polk Audio CS-350 Center Channel Speaker in Atlanta area on CL:
    No affiliation - $100

ntueispmkxxp.jpg

Isn't this unobtanium, or pretty close to it? It's $100 and has been around a month... I'd be wary of that, just because it seems like someone would have jumped on it in that time.

if you mean they don't make them anymore ...yes. They are pretty good sized center channel and darn good imho. 100.00 might be a little high as the shipping will be costly. I'd give them 75.00 just for the parts.
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    What the heck are these?!?
    https://stgeorge.craigslist.org/ele/d/vintage-polk-audio-speakers/6718072516.html
    5kzxqlx4m83c.jpeg
    jhmd53aulp5q.jpeg
    No affiliation... worth pursuing?
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • Tony M
    edited November 2018
    Polk Monitor 9's.

They're kind of rare too. 150 is the most I'd pay for them. I paid 80 or 90 I think, a long time ago.

Some like them and some don't.

I like mine! they have peerless tweeters. :pB)

They're right in the middle of this picture.
    3zbtuhyfvcib.png
    Post edited by Tony M on
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    JayMX wrote: »
    What the heck are these?!?

I don't know, but they look impolite.
  • elitt
    elitt Posts: 162
    SDA 2 in box look mint! someone grab these! No affiliation.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/753036778384562/