Better SACD Ripping - With Oppo

2»

Comments

• Note that the IP Address for my OPPO shown under Settings is 10.0.0.125. There is no port number following this. Am I missing something?
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    There will be no port number showing under Settings on the Oppo. On ISO2DSD's Server Information screen, in the "IP Address | Port:" input window you would put:
    10.0.0.125 : 2002, where "2002" is the port number.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • DarqueKnight: Thank you so much. It is working now! How would I have ever known to put in 2002 for the port? If it wasn't for you, I would never have known. Where could I have found that 2002 value?
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    Port 2002 is automatically assigned and used by ISO2DSD.

When ISO2DSD is first installed, the "IP address | Port" input window has
    "0.0.0.0 : 2002".

You must have unknowingly erased the "2002" when you put in the IP address for your BDP-103.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • DarqueKnight: It is probable that I accidentally wiped out the port number in ISO2DSD. Thank you so much for your excellent support. Have a great day.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    F1nut wrote: »
    They don't wear out, so not sure why the desire to archive.

The players wear out (belts/lasers) and the discs get scratched if not handled perfectly.

I have also moved to playing all mine back over the network to my streaming device (Daphile) and DSD capable DAC. It is some work to rip them all, but in the long run, it is worth it. Many feel that the digital files sound better and I agree.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Once again, thanks for the nice write-up DK. I read through the Computer Audiophile thread and just picked up an older Sony BX-59 Blu-ray player for $25. Set-up the ripping process in about 10 minutes and am successfully ripping my small SACD collection. More SACD’s are on the horizon.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics