The Worst Songs Of All Time, yet we have heard them all.

I don't know where this is from , maybe here?
https://www.urbo.com/content/examining-the-worst-songs-of-all-time/

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Everything by Helen Ready qualifies
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    It's interesting that some of those worst picks are the songs that stayed in our heads long after we heard them. "New kid in town" might rate up there for somebody here for sure.

"Born in the USA" is one I hate to hear. Only because Bruce says the title more than 26 times I think! :s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    The worst songs of all time are always readily available for anyone with an fm tuner and a dipole antenna.
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Tony M wrote: »
    "Born in the USA" is one I hate to hear. Only because Bruce says the title more than 26 times I think! :s

Born down en the ded mens town,
    Thu ferst chickuchooka whan ah het tha grawnd,
    Andtheslepapama andu be too much,
    Whenthasledcomathru tryna cova it up, now,
    Born in the USA, I was, Born, in the USA now.
    :p
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    The most interesting thing for me from that link: I never realized (i.e., never noticed) that Harry Nilsson's Coconut song only has one chord.

https://youtu.be/Tbgv8PkO9eo

(speaking of faux Caribbean accents)
    afterburnt wrote: »

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/24/651795560/i-am-woman-helen-reddy-american-anthem-hear-them-roar
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited October 2018
    "Disco Duck" is only surpassed by Rick Dees' follow-up hit "Dis-Gorilla". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctEIQYu2n6I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nCVAFKXzX0
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited October 2018
    Pick any song on this album. :) I know it's about the worst "song", actually some good tunes on this album. The execution is lacking, she's no Susan Boyle!
    xggtz59jzfdr.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    ... and then again there was...

Florence Foster Jenkins.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ... and then again there was...

Florence Foster Jenkins.

And she takes the top spot!!!!!

Meryl did a terrific job portraying that poor woman, and singing so badly! :D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    how about
    me and you and a dog named boo
    or
    Chevy Van?

Here is a cover that could make it;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5xSxGhlHfc
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Walking on Sunshine
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    Sorry to add to the list, but here's one from my childhood I couldn't stand. Does it rate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd_Fdly3rX8
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited October 2018
    afterburnt wrote: »

Watch the first 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rFYbMhcG8
  • reverb
    reverb Posts: 67
    I gotta say that Born in the USA certainly has to be one of the worst mega-hits ever.

One I always hated was "Unbelievable" by EMF, I think. God-awful crap.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I could always relate to that song because I am indeed... to sexy for my shirt.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Does "I'm too sexy" qualify? I hated that song...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    reverb wrote: »
    I gotta say that Born in the USA certainly has to be one of the worst mega-hits ever.

One I always hated was "Unbelievable" by EMF, I think. God-awful crap.

fun to make fun of that one! Clinched teeth and veins a-poppin'
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Tony M
    edited January 2019
    I used to hate when Born in the USA came on by Bruce Springsteen. I just looked up the lyrics to see how many times he says Born in the USA.

He says it 15 times according to the lyrics. It seems to me like twice that much but...I believe the music that accompanies him screaming BITUSA that keeps banging when there are no screamed words has our brains repeating those words inside our heads over and over. ;):#

The lyrics are very deep and probably means a lot to a lot people in the same situations. I was kicked down many times myself and I also tried to join the Air Force but they had no opening around jet fighters...so the recruiter said.

That song had so much more potential to reach many more millions if Bruce would've just kept the screaming BITUSA a little less pounding with anger. Sure he meant it to be an angry meaning but darn, I missed the lyrics and depth to the song because of his screaming anger and screaming unintelligent vocals at times in the song.

I'm going to try and listen to it right now...again...while I read the lyrics along with him screaming. :|

Well it wasn't as painful as all the other times before being able to read those few times he slurred the words at the ends of a few lines.

Now that I know the words after what...40 years...

Is this a hate the USA song or proud to be born in the USA song? I'm confused. His words in the song insinuate the person had a **** life but his actions on stage looks like he's proud to be born in the USA.

Help!
    Post edited by Tony M on
  • mhardy6647
    It's meant to be ambiguous and ironic, methinks.
    Remember, ol' Bruce is an artist.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    "We Built This City" - Starship
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    “Imagine” - makes me want to puke coat hangers every time...

https://youtu.be/VOgFZfRVaww
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Ringo Starr "All I have is a photograph"...talk about repetition of the same 6 words OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER..........
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Tony M
    I just looked at the lyrics and you're so right. ^^^^^^^^^ He must've ran out of words to think of. :s

Not too much depth to that songs lyrics is there. It must've taken him all of 15 minutes to write that song down.

Same with this song of his and a couple of other guys. It's JUST like Photograph! :#
    Never Without You
    Ringo Starr
    We were young, it was fun
    And we couldn't lose
    Times were right, overnight
    We were headline news
    Crazy days and reckless nights
    Limousines and bright spotlights
    We were brothers through it all
    And your song will play on without you
    And this world won't forget about you
    Every part of you was in your song
    Now we will carry on... Never Without you
    (Without you Without You) Within you without you
    Here comes the song it's about you
    Here today, not alone
    With my memories
    Life is strange how things change
    It's reality
    You played a beautiful melody
    That keeps on haunting me
    I can always feel you by my side
    (Never Without You) Within you without you
    (Within you without you)
    I know all things must pass
    And only love will last
    I'll always love the memory of you and me
    Take it away Eric
    Now we will carry on...Never Without you
    (Never Without You)Within you without you
    (Within you without you)
    I think love is about you
    Songwriters: GARY NICHOLSON,MARK HUDSON,RINGO STARR
    © STARTLING MUSIC LTD C/O BRUCE V. GRAKAL,BMG Rights Management
    For non-commercial use only.
    Data from: LyricFind
  • Tony M wrote: »
    I just looked at the lyrics and you're so right. ^^^^^^^^^ He must've ran out of words to think of. :s

Not too much depth to that songs lyrics is there. It must've taken him all of 15 minutes to write that song down.

Same with this song of his and a couple of other guys. It's JUST like Photograph! :#
    Never Without You
    Ringo Starr
    We were young, it was fun
    And we couldn't lose
    Times were right, overnight
    We were headline news
    Crazy days and reckless nights
    Limousines and bright spotlights
    We were brothers through it all
    (Without you Without You) Within you without you
    Here today, not alone
    With my memories
    Life is strange how things change
    It's reality
    You played a beautiful melody
    That keeps on haunting me
    I can always feel you by my side
    (Never Without You) Within you without you
    (Within you without you)
    I know all things must pass
    And only love will last
    I'll always love the memory of you and me
    Take it away Eric
    Now we will carry on...Never Without you
    (Never Without You)Within you without you
    (Within you without you)
    I think love is about you
    Songwriters: GARY NICHOLSON,MARK HUDSON,RINGO STARR
    © STARTLING MUSIC LTD C/O BRUCE V. GRAKAL,BMG Rights Management
    For non-commercial use only.
    Data from: LyricFind

Tony, are you implying that this song by Ringo is just like Ed Sheeran's song "Photograph"? You do realize that this song was written in the early 2000s and was written as a tribute to George Harrison, who had recently died? If anything, Sheeran's song might be JUST like this one, but let's give credit to the original one and let's recognize which artist "borrowed" the idea.

McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Tony M
    edited January 2019
    Was Ed Sheeran alive when Ringo Star sang his "Photograph" song?
    I don't think so. 1973?

Nobody mentioned Ed Sheeran. That's a totally different song.
    He was born in 1991. His song isn't even a remake of Star's song. Maybe I'm wrong.

Photograph (Ringo Starr song)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation
    Jump to search
    "Photograph"

UK picture sleeve
    Single by Ringo Starr
    from the album Ringo
    B-side
    "Down and Out"
    Released
    24 September 1973
    Format
    7-inch single
    Genre
    Rock, pop
    Length
    4:00
    Label
    Apple
    Songwriter(s)
    Richard Starkey, George Harrison
    Producer(s)
    Richard Perry
    Ringo Starr singles chronology
    "Back Off Boogaloo"
    (1972)
    "Photograph"
    (1973)
    "You're Sixteen"
    (1974)

Ringo track listing
    show
    10 tracks
    "Photograph" is a song by English musician Ringo Starr that was released as the lead single from his 1973 album Ringo. Starr co-wrote the song with George Harrison, his former bandmate from the Beatles. Although the two of them collaborated on other compositions, it is the only song officially credited to the pair. A signature tune for Starr as a solo artist, "Photograph" became an international hit, topping singles charts in the United States, Canada and Australia, and receiving gold disc certification for US sales of 1 million. Music critics have similarly received the song favourably; Stephen Thomas Erlewine of AllMusic considers it to be "among the very best post-Beatles songs by any of the Fab Four".[1]
    The lyrics are a reflection on lost love, whereby a photograph is the only reminder of the protagonists' shared past. Starr and Harrison began writing the song in the South of France in 1971, during a period when Starr was focused on developing his acting career. They first recorded "Photograph" late the following year, along with the single's B-side, "Down and Out", during sessions for Harrison's Living in the Material World album. The officially released version was recorded in Los Angeles with producer Richard Perry, and it incorporates aspects of Phil Spector's Wall of Sound through the presence of multiple drums and acoustic guitars, as well as an orchestra and a choir. Aside from Starr and Harrison, the musicians on the recording include Nicky Hopkins, Bobby Keys, Jim Keltner, and Spector's musical arranger, Jack Nitzsche. Starr made a promotional film for the single, shot at his and wife Maureen Starkey's home, Tittenhurst Park.