SRT system?? whats it worth

13»

Comments

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    la2vegas wrote: »
    ESavinon wrote: »
    I also am a speaker hoarder. I find speakers incredibly fascinating.

I share some of your your shortcomings, however I consider myself as a curator of sorts.

Some time ago I posted a sale ad for an SRT system. It had been listed for quite some time, I believe the seller wanted 5 or 6 grand for it. I believe the price to be kind of high, what would you price a complete set in good working condition?po0p87c07dfk.jpg

Do you really own all those polk models? If you do, You're just as sick as me :D
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    I'm going to start selling most of my equipment soon. Sorry but my SRT or my SDA series are not included.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    ....the SDA effect.

Uh-oh....now you've done it. :o
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    edited October 2018
    la2vegas wrote: »
    I also am a speaker hoarder. I find speakers incredibly fascinating.

I share some of your your shortcomings, however I consider myself as a curator of sorts.

Some time ago I posted a sale ad for an SRT system. It had been listed for quite some time, I believe the seller wanted 5 or 6 grand for it. I believe the price to be kind of high, what would you price a complete set in good working condition?po0p87c07dfk.jpg

The set in the picture was the set I owned. All original boxes and was in very good shape. I sold the set to oldmodman a few years back.

My issue with the SRTs compared to previous SDA models was their lack of musicality. I've owned the entire family of RT series (800, 1000, 2000 and 3000). the SRTs use the same trilaminate dome tweeter which to my ears is not as warm and musical as the SL series tweeters. Actually, the trilaminate domes seem bright and harsh to me. I'm not sure what else might have changed but I was never satisfied with the listening experience on any of them for music until I tried SDA 1Cs and then 2.3TLs.

It really boils down to what your ears prefer at the end of the day.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • LOL... The seller reposted on CL, and mentioned that his ad had started quite the discussion on the Polk Forum....

"*UPDATE* Seems these speakers have generated 3 pages of discussion on the local polk audio forums :) If you guys have any questions feel free to email me, I'm a fellow audiophile and have owned about 100 sets of speakers ranging from maggies, logans, carvers, AR9's, etc. I just like to put my ear on everything. now back to the original ad..."

Maybe if I had the space, and wasn't in the process of moving, and didn't already have 20 sets of speakers....
  • "local polk audio forums" Hmmph what is local, anyone know where the servers are? I'm about to ping this site.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited November 2018

I had 2 krell ksa-250. I sold them. They need a dedicated 25A line each. I tried using them in my apt but kept blowing the line switches.

I had both of them. Sold one and you brought me another in a snow storm! I went to get a coat to help and you brought it in tucked under your arm. :o Kicked them digital mono block amps off the rack. But you have two MDA-500's IIRC.... B)

gsdnn6b0i1lt.jpg

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer wrote: »

I had 2 krell ksa-250. I sold them. They need a dedicated 25A line each. I tried using them in my apt but kept blowing the line switches.

I had both of them. Sold one and you brought me another in a snow storm! I went to get a coat to help and you brought it in tucked under your arm. :o Kicked them digital mono block amps off the rack. But you have two MDA-500's IIRC.... B)

gsdnn6b0i1lt.jpg

LOLz I can actually see your marshmallow start to caramelize. Crazy.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    He's still babbling about only 20 sets......must have missed this, "The closest guestimate was 500 complete sets for the US and 500 internationally", which is the same as I was told by Matt years ago.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited November 2018
    There's a guy on Staten Island that is trying to sell 6 SRT towers. Oddly enough, they showed up on Facebook Marketplace when I searched for electronics in Vermont. :p

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2058585117524860
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Viking64 wrote: »
    There's a guy on Staten Island that is trying to sell 6 SRT towers. Oddly enough, they showed up on Facebook Marketplace when I searched for electronics in Vermont. :p

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2058585117524860

Send that link to the dipstick above. Tell him courtesy of Club Polk and to get his facts straight
    LOL
  • jsdeprey
    jsdeprey Posts: 42
    Last to this post I guess, but I also have a SRT system, ran something like this picture I created awhile back.

Audio_Connections_full.jpg

I really have too busy to go over the system and make sure everything is working 100%, I live around Charlotte NC, so if anyone knows of a good place that could handle going over these speakers and fixed them up.

Also I am not sure if all my ADCOM amps are working perfect either, would anyone suggest either good receiver that could push this setup without the need for external amps or maybe I good cheap 5 channel single AMP solution that may be better and what I am using?

Also any other tips for these speakers, I have had them a long time.
  • munson
    munson Posts: 1
    New to this forum so sorry if it’s wrong to bring up an old thread. Just got a pair of SRT’s today from an old customer, he did not want them anymore. I installed them about 25 years ago. Sitting in my garage, can’t wait to see if all the drivers still work. Client is n his 80’s and said he hardly ever even turned the system on. Thought it was too complicated.

I know there had to be more than 20 produced because in the mid 90’s I installed at least 6 sets. If I remember correctly it was $7500 for the two fronts with crossover, subs, center, and dipole rears later they came out with the SDA rears and the price was closer to $10,000. You could also get it with the same speakers as the fronts for the rear, I never installed this set up.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    $48.01
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    The ultra-rare Polk brochure describing the SRT as "Full-Balls Out" is still north of $20k.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • I was wondering if anyone is interest in seeing pictures of the amplifier for the bass modules. I took some during a repair?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    I was wondering if anyone is interest in seeing pictures of the amplifier for the bass modules. I took some during a repair?

Sure!
  • Mr. Sharpe
    Mr. Sharpe Posts: 1,354
    Shoot if I was gonna restore that system I’d buy a bunch of jam up electronics and build a room for them and keep them!
    Home theater:
    43” Westinghouse Displayer
    Marantz UD-7007 Player
    Emotiva MC-700 Processor
    Adcom GFA-5006 Amplifier
    Parasound Zamp Amplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 Power Conditioner
    Klipsch RC-10 Center
    Klipsch R34c Fronts
    Klipsch RB-41 Surrounds
    Polk audio PSW-505

Stereo: