Acurus 5x125

tophatjohnny
tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
edited October 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Hey all. This baby has been in our living room for about 5 years and before I got the amp it was in a doctors home theater room and hardly got turned on. Never subjected to smoke of any kind and does its thing nicely. I don't have the manual but they are online if needed. Works great and will come packed perfectly. Pics on request, just PM me. This Amp will not disappoint.
$450.00 shipped
"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!

Comments

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Great amp at a fantastic price! I had a 2 channel A80 and loved it.

GLWTS!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Dang nice amp! Needs air as all the ACURUS get a bit warm but it’s a SWEET warm!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tophatjohnny
    Dang nice amp! Needs air as all the ACURUS get a bit warm but it’s a SWEET warm!

Never breaks a sweat but stays cool. Amazingly cool.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • EndersShadow

Never breaks a sweat but stays cool. Amazingly cool.

Good to know. I swore they all got a bit warm, not unlike my B&K 200.5
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    I had an A200x3 at one point. Left it on 24/7 for years. Got a bit warm when pushed, but at idle it was barely noticeable.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I had an Acurus A250 that ran cool. That was one amp I wish I didn't have to sell to get some spare cash back into my pocket. It had that blinking power switch that 99% have now. I loved the bass control it had.

Super well made amps for sure!

GLWTS.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Where is local in case someone might want to help you not to have to ship it? GLWYS, D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Nice amp I almost bought one, the only thing stopping me was it was silver. Glwts
  • EndersShadow
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Where is local in case someone might want to help you not to have to ship it? GLWYS, D

Dayton Ohio area if I remember right. Close to me, so thankfully I'm broke lol....
  • tophatjohnny
    Sub of Dayton called Kettering.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    Any pics, don't really know much about these amps but I am in the market for a 4-5 channel amp to drive my height speakers in my 7.3.4 theater.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Never subjected to smoke of any kind

I never heard it quite put that way before but I guess that's a good thing...
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • tophatjohnny
    Grimster74 wrote: »
    Any pics, don't really know much about these amps but I am in the market for a 4-5 channel amp to drive my height speakers in my 7.3.4 theater.

PM sent with pics and contact info. Let me know.

THJ
  • EndersShadow
    edited October 2018
    Johnny post pics here man!
  • tophatjohnny
    edited October 2018
    Johnny post pics here man!

K but all I can do is generic pics. Not the best pics.

It is a great unit in great shape. I am a more than fair member here stating that full refund if buyer isn't thrilled/ minus shipping of course. 45 days should be long enough to either love it or not!!!! I'll get better pics..just let me know. This is a great amp.
    Post edited by tophatjohnny on
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Hmmm, another potential amp I may need to buy. And it's $450 shipped. Anyone know the differences between this Acurus and the Pioneer VSX-95thx for sale on the forum? Since this is a true amp and not a receiver, I am guessing this will blow away the Pioneer sound wise. Any opinions? Thanks all.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    edited October 2018
    This is definitely more tempting than the Pioneer.

I used to own an 8008bb amp and it seemed pretty harsh on the top end. Is this one similar? Or is it pretty smooth. I have read reviews that it's smooth, but smooth is definitely subjective. Thanks again all.

Edit: How old is this amp (Year of manufacture)?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • tophatjohnny
    Well well, looks like a local sale is going down. Sale pending!!!
  • headrott
    Well, damn that is what I get for sleeping. Lol! Please let me know if the buyer changes their mind .
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• tophatjohnny
    headrott wrote: »
    Well, damn that is what I get for sleeping. Lol! Please let me know if the buyer changes their mind .

Sleeping makes dreams come true. Check your PM's! :)
  • EndersShadow
    Tophat is Top Notch!
  • tophatjohnny
    Congrats Greg. Amp staying in the family.

Sold
  • headrott
    Yeah! Thanks Johnny!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• headrott
    Payment sent Johnny. Thanks again.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• tophatjohnny
    Payment sent Johnny. Thanks again.

Thanks Greg and congrats once again.
  • jayu969
    jayu969 Posts: 112
    Dang...too late!
  • headrott
    This amp will be showing up tomorrow. I cannot wait to give this a try. I just need some RCA cables to hook the receiver outs to the amp. I think I will hit up Skip for some of the Wireworld RCA cables. :)
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    This amp will be showing up tomorrow. I cannot wait to give this a try. I just need some RCA cables to hook the receiver outs to the amp. I think I will hit up Skip for some of the Wireworld RCA cables. :)

Thanks Greg I'm glad you did. I have been eyeing those cables since he listed them....the pressure is gone thanks pal :D:D:D