Who wants to be a Billionaire???

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    If I won, I would buy a billion one-dollar scratch tickets.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited October 2018
    Good news for all you Mega Million Participants. I did not participate which enhances your chance of winning. Who needs all that money anyways, as long as you got a lovely caring significant other, a roof over your head, and your able to scratch that itch with all your hobbies, and you got your health.

There are so many things that offer just as much satisfaction as a billion or whatever the total may be after taxes, who needs the hassle of figuring it all out after winning. I sure dont. On the other hand for those of you that participated in the half billion Powerball extravaganza. I also participated which lessenes the chance of those that participated . If I win I am not sure what I would do, at first but shout out a big Yee Haw honey we won to my wife. I'm rambling I'm out but if any of you win the big one dont forget your fellow Polkies.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I bought some... I need to win this beeelion. I’m not even sure what I would do with it.

Sure you do. You'd ironically buy my house and let me and my family live mortgage free providing I buy better gear.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Viking64 wrote: »
    If I won, I would buy a billion one-dollar scratch tickets.

It would be 568 million I think they posted.

So you could possibly double your winnings!

I saw a special where a winner did something similar. He won a couple more Lotteries. He wrote a book about his strategies on what numbers to pick. He was a happy dude for sure! :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Anyway I'll see all you an*l audiophiles here on Sunday 😉
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Good news for all you Mega Million Participants. I did not participate which enhances your chance of winning.

To the ignore list for not contributing to my retirement account.... :p;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    edited October 2018
    We only got 1 number on each of 4 different picks. O numbers on the other 4. :s

Maybe tomorrow will be better! :p
    Post edited by Tony M on
  • nooshinjohn
    You did better than I did Tony. Next time you get out to L.A. I owe you a beer.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Sounds good to me! B)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Haven't checked my tix yet, but I would start a Karma thread to help each and every one of you Polkies achieve your dream system. :blush:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    If I win, I am buying an island in the South Pacific, claiming I am King, creating my own government, Building my own army....
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Well, I didn't win so the new tires for my truck will have to wait.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    The one car I would have built is this...

017hen3r6hgx.jpeg
    9e798xo7unfc.jpeg

This, to me anyway, is the most beautiful Corvette that GM never built, but it did get very close...

The nose seems to share a few similar lines of the Vector W2.
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    I bought one. If I won and had to go public I would look straight into the camera and say a big 'NO' to everyone and then disappear.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Apparently no one wants to be a billionaire. Or are we alll just waiting till it gets up to real money?
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited October 2018
    No winners of the Mega Millions jackpot last night so the next projected jackpot is said to be around $1.6 billion.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Emlyn wrote: »
    No winners of the Mega Millions jackpot last night so the next projected jackpot is said to be around $1.6 billion.

Wow!
  • Tony M
    Somebody or group WILL win it BIGTIME at sometime! ;) The countries biggest lottery in history.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    a billion here, a billion there... soon, you're talkin' real money.
  • nooshinjohn
    Whoever wins this thing isn’t going to pay enough in federal taxes alone to pay for the damage to Tyndall AFB. :o

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited October 2018
    Yeah not even close, but the rest of y’all will. Considering about 2/3 of your tax dollars go to the DoD. About 680 billion a year, last time I checked.

I assume the F22s can/will be salvaged to some extent. So some of the loss will be negated. Still at 300+ million x 22 planes, this hurt the ol DoD wallet.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • ^^sure if they need more money, all they have to do is ask.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • nooshinjohn
    I wonder how feasible it would be to do a Polkie pool... Thinking all that would be in should buy a ten dollar quick pick, and post a screenshot of that ticket here as proof.

Anyone interested?

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I'm already in 2 other similar pools

Picked up quick picks in Texas and drove to Florida and picked up more for the pools
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    A billion? Nah, I've already got one.

fk763del9v92.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    edited October 2018
    Investment strategy for the new jackpot... $250,000,000 in a secured trust, $250,000,000 in multi unit apartment buildings in the Midwest, and $150,000,000 for charities and the Barkhordari School of Pharmacy at Purdue University. $100,000,000 to have fun with on homes/furnishings/cars/travel and whatever else comes to mind.

Anything above that will be taken in taxes anyway...

• Tony M
    I would be game for doing that but isn't all the people in the pool supposed to show up for the photo when they present the check?

I think there are just a few honest people in this world and I wonder if somebody would bail, not you John, but maybe somebody else in the pool. They find out their Ticket is the winner and then they don't know anything about a Polk POOL.

I'd share for sure but I've seen the bad side of people too much in my long life.

A company pool when the tickets are all bought at the same time the best way. But I remember when this one Co. POOL bought some tickets and this one employee opted out of contributing. The Co. won the BIG one and that scum bag employee who opted out sued for a share. WTH...How does one figure he deserved a share!! I don't think he got anything but it proves people are sometimes animals when it comes to money.

Thanks for thinking about upping all of our odds though. That's so cool. B)

I'll think about it. ;)
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Boy I hope I win I'd donate all of it to a little wall project that's in the works.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I will be buying an Ohio class sub, fully loaded.