Who wants to be a Billionaire???

Mega Millions jackpot tonight will top the Billion dollar mark. Who is playing?
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• I will be on my way for a $10.00 ticket here in a bit. Ten spot is my limit.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited October 2018
    Got in a pool at work $5/60 people = 150 chances. Don't want to be the only schmuck left working if all my co-workers win...lol.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    I already have it all planned out after I win.
  • I am more interested in what y’all would do with a billion $$.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited October 2018
    Billion dollars... buy a nice car, but nothing especially fancy... maybe a Toyota with a few options... a nice house, but again, not too fancy... an awesome stereo and HT, and then save the rest.
    Course, I can’t enter. But that’s what I’d do if I won.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    I would buy Sears with my winnings and have money left over. :#
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Save it for what, Mikah?! You don't save a billion dollars, you become a philanthropist.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    edited October 2018
    I'm in for $20. Threw in another $10 on Powerball just for giggles...
    Post edited by ken brydson on
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Save it for what, Mikah?! You don't save a billion dollars, you become a philanthropist.

Save for the future. I’d be set for life. Pay for food, insurance, gas, taxes... ;)
    I’d probably lose my mind just sitting around all day, I’d probably get a job anyway. :D
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited October 2018
    I bought one MegaMillions ticket and one PowerBall ticket. :|

I told our local deli-mart that I did it for them, since they get a nice kick-back if and when they sell a winning ticket. :)

Of course, if I win both (ca. 1.4 billion Samoleums), I am gonna buy myself a new car.

Call me extravagant if you must.

• A Mid Century style home in Newport Beach, CA and the same on Maui.
    And possibly one in Palm Springs.

The only things I want that I can't afford, due to my present compensation plan.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Technically you guys don't become billionaires right, seeing you owe the taxman about half?
  • FestYboy
    Not half, more like 30%
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    39.8%, plus state taxes...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I bought $20 worth. It's more of a novelty thing so I can say to my kids,

"Did I ever tell you about the time I tried to win a billion dollars?".
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Nice house on the beach in Oregon, nice stereo setup in a bunch of rooms, then a WHOLE bunch of $ going to my animal charities, they will really like me :)
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • nooshinjohn
    The one car I would have built is this...

017hen3r6hgx.jpeg
    9e798xo7unfc.jpeg

This, to me anyway, is the most beautiful Corvette that GM never built, but it did get very close...

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I bought some... I need to win this beeelion. I’m not even sure what I would do with it.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • FestYboy
    The one car I would have built is this...

017hen3r6hgx.jpeg
    9e798xo7unfc.jpeg

This, to me anyway, is the most beautiful Corvette that GM never built, but it did get very close...

4 rotor Wankel goodness
  • nooshinjohn
    edited October 2018
    Nope... 400cu Chevy, the Wankel was pulled from the car in 1973. The car was planned for 1978 with a 350, then got pushed back to 1980. Tooling was mostly set for the car when the car was pushed aside for the PoS that came along in 1984. If you ask the guys at Lamborghini, they will tell you that it was this car that inspired the LP400, which would go on to be known as the Countach

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    We have 8 picks tonight. Some picks were bought with winning scratch-offs. :)

We might have 8 picks for tomorrow too.

They're all "quick picks" too.

The lady said tonight, if we win tonight, there's no need to play tomorrows game is there.? :D

I'd be looking at some PASS amps or McIntosh too. Maybe I'll call John and offer him something for his home-made Statements and I'd go across the country to pick them up after checking out some national parks and landmarks. Maybe a stop in Vegas but probably not, since the house always wins. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    HMMM, I'm in with my own ticket and two office pool's. One pool is $20 buy in. I think it has close to 100 people in it.

What would I do? Who knows for sure but a nice house maybe in DelMar area with a room for a wood shop and theater room.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    Bought mine along with a powerball. I'll worry about what to do with it later.
  • I’d build a kick ****$ go kart.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I’m not sure what to do with my new billion dollars. Maybe buy a few houses in different areas, and a car for each one. Oh well. I will think about some more after I win.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited October 2018
    I bought one Mega, that's all I need. Just hope someone wins. Any projected number if it's not won tonight? I would definitely quit working so hard. Funny "Countach" wasn't edited, it just sounds dirty! :)
  • nooshinjohn
    Tony M wrote: »
    Maybe I'll call John and offer him something for his home-made Statements and I'd go across the country to pick them up after checking out some national parks and landmarks.

The amps are worthy of being on the National Historic Registry somewhere. :p Yours for 1.5 million. I wouldn't want to be seen as greedy or anything. :p;)

• gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    Got my own and playing in a pool.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I could start a Nooshin John Museum of fine Audio and a TM Audio collection Foundation to help newbies and get to go listen after the tourists and visitors have left for the day. :DB)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.