I want a house out in the country...

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited October 2018
    Neil's Country Home A classic Neil and Crazy Horse tune

Take it from ol Shakey this is why you want a country home, so you can crank some Crazy Horse without upsetting the neighbors. I have pissed my neighbors off a time or two with the Ragged a glory album.
    https://youtu.be/LvymfWOAi-o
    Post edited by gudnoyez on
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I am unfettered by the bonds of propriety.

This transplanted NH native envies your beautiful home and property Mark having lived in secluded Gilmanton NH for most of my youth.

Gilmanton -- the real Peyton Place! :)

We have good friends who live in nearby Alton. Beautiful part of the world, over by the big lake :)
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Funny you mention Russ. 1st day after closing on this place I spent the night here getting ready to remodel before moving in. The dog and I slept out on the front deck. When I crawled out of my sleeping bag sans eyeglasses and I took a pee off the deck to the applause of several tree farm workers about 100+ yards away.

Did Russ ever work on a tree farm?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Clipdat wrote: »
    ...so I can have a lower noise floor while listening to music.

Too much constant noise from traffic, neighbors, commercial aircraft taking off, freeway white noise, etc.

I'm ready for a place with no neighbors that I can physically see.

Air drop into Alaska, the contiguous lower 40 will change in 15 years..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • muncybob
    I wonder which 8 will avoid that change?
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    warren wrote: »
    Air drop into Alaska, the contiguous lower 40 will change in 15 years..

How's that remedial geography class going Warren? :p

Give Warren a break he is our elder statesmen here. In his day they were not states yet :smile:
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Warren deserves a lot of respect for embracing technology and posting on a forum. The fact a “0” was keyed ILO an “8” is not a biggie.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    What is wrong with reading your posts, and fixing any error?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Come on this is Club Polk! You gotta be able to take it as well as dish it out! All in good fun.

I look back at some of my comments with embarrassment. It's all good! :smile:

We luv ya @warren !
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Sorry, Clip. We do not rent out any space here bro'.

I will tell you that it is nice. Privacy. Security not really needed. Nature sounds versus "other sounds".

You have a good goal. Make it happen and your stress level will go down an estimated 90%. Enjoy the music to drown it out until then.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Three Dog Night - "Out in the Country"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49bl6FrgZTs

An all time favorite
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    tonyb wrote: »
    Having grown up in the city, it's not something I wish to return to. Nice place to visit, but not hang my hat. Even today when I go into the city, the noise alone kills me. People are rude, parking a pain, noise, crowds....you can keep it.

There is out in the country, and there is outside metro areas that have a country feel but still not that far removed. I picked not too far removed. You still want access to major airports and Hospitals.

Having the sounds of nature over the beeping horns will do wonders for you and your stress levels. Having Deer walk through your yard, coyote, possums, fox, racoons, Hawks/eagles/owls is just relaxing watching them all interact.

Then there is the smell, of fresh air in the morning instead of exhaust fumes. Nights so quiet the crickets are the loudest thing you'll hear, well unless it's mating season for the frogs, those suckers can get loud.

I can play music as loud as I want, inside or out, never a problem. If those things don't appeal to you, you may need to reevaluate your life.

There it is...100%
  • mhardy6647
    around here, the neighbors don't get mad, they get even.

:|

14412967013_013e8dc908_b.jpgDSC_1571 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited October 2018
    Well Doc, you could be a sport and lay out some honey for the guy. Where's the Italian in you, feed everyone ? :) Might even be a photo opportunity if you lay out some old Twinkies. A bear with cream all over his face, that's hang on the wall material.

I feed all the critters. I have a big rubberized bowl I put all the unwanted stuff in. Marshmallows, stale chips/cereal/crackers, old nuts and cookies. You name it, goes in the bowl. Whoever gets to it first has dibs, what the deer don't eat, the coyotes fox or racoons will. If the deer do get to it first, there isn't much left. They have a penchant for watermelon, Godiva chocolate, Marshmallows, and any grain like breads or corn based chips.

I didn't always...but after a few winters seeing them all scrounging for substance, rail thin, why throw it in the garbage. Now if the bowl is empty, I get that Kevin Hart look from the deer.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    Where's the Italian in you, feed everyone ? :)
    Man, that triggered a Cab Calloway acid flashback! ;)

https://youtu.be/E03NZOIxGmQ
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    The country isn't quiet either! Between the crickets and my neighbors dog incessantly barking a half mile away...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • muncybob
    I guess we are lucky, no barking dogs(other than our own). I actually love late July thru Sept. with all the night "noise". Winter is too quiet, although the owls and coyotes usually have something to say.
  • mhardy6647
    I was awakened by a coyote yipping last night. Sounded considerably closer to the house than I would consider optimal :p but I didn't take the opportunity to investigate further.

Another coyote, on another day, in the ol' backyard...

15481991510_d00508b210_b.jpgDSC_3044 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Don't they eat mice and rats? :)

I wish they would leave the rabbits alone though.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    Tony M wrote: »

They eat pretty much anything.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

Including your pets, dogs, cats....you name it. Very efficient pack hunters, smart too. I've seen one lay in wait, let a dog chase it....right into a whole pack of them. Even most big dogs can handle a couple, not a whole pack though. Think about it, if they can take down a Deer, a dog is a no brainer. They go for the legs, because if you can't run, your dead.

Never let your dog chase a coyote, period. You may think it's a loner, by itself, but usually there are more if you see one.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Had one try to lure my American Eskimo that way when we lived in Indiana. Good thing she comes when called.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    tonyb wrote: »

Including your pets, dogs, cats....you name it. Very efficient pack hunters, smart too. I've seen one lay in wait, let a dog chase it....right into a whole pack of them. Even most big dogs can handle a couple, not a whole pack though. Think about it, if they can take down a Deer, a dog is a no brainer. They go for the legs, because if you can't run, your dead.

Never let your dog chase a coyote, period. You may think it's a loner, by itself, but usually there are more if you see one.
    Yes, exactly.
    But they're also happy to eat vegetables and berries and stuff... pretty much everything and anything.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    I have a very sturdy dog he brings me coyotes....

I kill them!

The one thing about wild animals, they will go out if their way to NOT get hurt. To do so means they may not be able to eat and die. At 65lbs and built like a tank Chester can take a heap of punishment and dish it out in spades.

Yep Tony is right about the lure action.

Chester and I have dispatched dozens I live for the hunt when it comes to varmints and coyotes. Many around me live to hunt deer I on the other hand like to hunt year round. Varmints get a 60 day reprieve in the summer coyotes are not that lucky.
  • mhardy6647
    open season on coyotes here as well... at least in VT. Pretty sure it's the case in NH as well.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    open season on coyotes here as well... at least in VT. Pretty sure it's the case in NH as well.

I have heard coyotes a lot, but I have never seen then. I have seen rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, deer, woodchucks, opossum, raccoons, bobcats, mooseseses, and orange orbs.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I just remembered something. I think I saw a TV special where Coyotes were endangered years ago but now they've exploded in numbers and are now a human livestock threat.

Or was it wolves?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    All animals adapt as long as the changed environment is tolerable.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.