Goodyear Tire Discount Codes

gwh
gwh Posts: 1,451
I have a few discount codes left that will save you 35% off your purchase of tires at a company owned Goodyear retail store.
Only hit me up if you are definitely going to buy some tires in the near future.
HT:
Martin Logan Motion 40
Martin Logan Motion 50XT
Emotiva Airmotiv E2
SVS SB16 Ultra
Def Tech Reference Sub
Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Where were you a month ago? Just spent a grand on tires for my wife’s car... B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gwh
    Where were you a month ago? Just spent a grand on tires for my wife’s car... B)

My bad :)
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    edited October 2018
    I've never gotten more than 40k out of a set of tires. Even with proper inflation, regular rotations, and tires that have a 70k+ treadlife rating. What's the secret, lol?

Anyway, my wife's Honda Pilot is going to need a new set before winter. The Goodyear Assurance Weatherready are on the short list. Before I commit, anybody with experience with them?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    DaveHo wrote: »
    . What's the secret, lol?

Get rid of the lead foot. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • DaveHo
    @gwh
    Do you know if this discount code can be used in addition to the rebate Goodyear is currently offering?
  • gwh
    Maybe I'll drop you a code if you are ready to buy and you can see. If you are not going to use it let me know and I'll pass it along.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• gwh
    Skip I sent you a message or I posted something on your page :smile:
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    And I just bought new Michelins last week. Big fan of the Nitro for tires today too.
  • DaveHo
    @gwh rocks! Have an appt for install Monday morning. Between the discount and rebates my final cost is about half!

Thanks again!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited October 2018
    DSkip wrote: »
    I've never gotten more than 40k out of a set of tires. Even with proper inflation, regular rotations, and tires that have a 70k+ treadlife rating. What's the secret, lol?

Anyway, my wife's Honda Pilot is going to need a new set before winter. The Goodyear Assurance Weatherready are on the short list. Before I commit, anybody with experience with them?

They had Nitrogen in them and this is my first set to have that. Maybe there is something there?

all tires have nitrogen in them as the air we breath is 90% nitrogen. How does that other 10% play a roll?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    From the web;
    The air humans breathe is made up of about 78 percent nitrogen, 21 percent oxygen, and 1 percent carbon dioxide and argon. Trace gases include krypton, methane, neon, helium and hydrogen. Air generally contains trace amounts of water vapor, as well, with greater concentrations occurring near sea level.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2018
    Ok I'll admit i guessed at the percentage but the percentage is very high comparativly speaking. How does that 22% make a great difference?
  • DaveHo
    Nitrogen does not expand/contract with typical temperature changes like regular air. Thus maintaining a constant tire pressure.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Nitro seems to be very inconvenient what if your pressure is low? You'll go to the dealer and pay extra? No thanks. The air I put in is free. As for air pressure, up here my stored winter tires outside lose about 3-4 psi over 6 months. Not a big deal. Just another reason for lazy (not saying you are) people not to check their pressure at least monthly.

Great giveaway from the op. Especially for people up north looking to get some winters. Mind you I have no experience with gy tires.
  • DaveHo
    This will be the first set of Goodyears I've had. I normally look at the reviews on tirerack.com then go from there. Only been mildly dissatisfied once going that route. The Assurance WeatherReady ranked at the top & I couldn't find anything negative elsewhere either.

The factory Bridgestones on the wife's Pilot are nearly done at 32K miles. They still have about 4/32nd's of tread left, but wet weather performance has dropped off noticeably. There's no way I'd want to use them in snow. Heck, they sucked in the snow when they were new. Tire Rack ranks them at the bottom. Not hard to see why.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    This will be the first set of Goodyears I've had. I normally look at the reviews on tirerack.com then go from there. Only been mildly dissatisfied once going that route. The Assurance WeatherReady ranked at the top & I couldn't find anything negative elsewhere either.

The factory Bridgestones on the wife's Pilot are nearly done at 32K miles. They still have about 4/32nd's of tread left, but wet weather performance has dropped off noticeably. There's no way I'd want to use them in snow. Heck, they sucked in the snow when they were new. Tire Rack ranks them at the bottom. Not hard to see why.

You need winter tires....not 3 season. On our Rav4 and RDX we run toyo gsi5 and never have issues in the winter.
  • DaveHo
    edited October 2018
    Might have to drive in light snow 3-4 times a year. We live in the burbs so road conditions are usually pretty good. If it's a big snow, my wife just stays home from work. Not worth the expense for a set of dedicated snow tires.
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Another aspect people tend to forget is that rubber gets harder as it ages. About 5 years on tires is about max. for me. Just replaced the factory Dunlop's on my 14 RX with Michelin's. It's almost like driving a new car. Good tread or not ride quality suffers with older tires.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    That's a sweet deal, I hate buying tires...

I average about 80k miles on a set of tires. Most I have ever gone is 90k.

The trick is to buy tires with 11mm tread, high mileage warranty and make sure you rotate and balance every 5k miles.

I drive 40k plus miles a year so tire life for me is a regular thing
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    charley95 wrote: »
    Another aspect people tend to forget is that rubber gets harder as it ages. About 5 years on tires is about max. for me. Just replaced the factory Dunlop's on my 14 RX with Michelin's. It's almost like driving a new car. Good tread or not ride quality suffers with older tires.

True Charley. most all tire makers stipulate that 5 years is max carcass life on tires. After that bad things start to happen. Many friends work at the Bridgstone/Firestone tire plant here in my city and they have made mention to that more than once.
  • pitdogg2
    Willow wrote: »
    Nitro seems to be very inconvenient what if your pressure is low? You'll go to the dealer and pay extra? No thanks. The air I put in is free. As for air pressure, up here my stored winter tires outside lose about 3-4 psi over 6 months. Not a big deal. Just another reason for lazy (not saying you are) people not to check their pressure at least monthly.

Great giveaway from the op. Especially for people up north looking to get some winters. Mind you I have no experience with gy tires.

I've never had to pay for it. I simply drop it by the dealership and they do it

you are very lucky it is 5.00 a tire everywhere here in my town. So you are NEVER going to get 100% nitrogen. They cannot purge the atmospheric air inside the rim and tire while putting it on as it would pull the tire off the bead of the rim. So no matter what it's going to be a certain percentage of atmospheric air inside the tire.

So it is 5.00 per tire to get the nitrogen put in your new tires or to top off when the tire gets low. So $20.00 for air....

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited October 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »

I've never had to pay for it. I simply drop it by the dealership and they do it

you are very lucky it is 5.00 a tire everywhere here in my town. So you are NEVER going to get 100% nitrogen. They cannot purge the atmospheric air inside the rim and tire while putting it on as it would pull the tire off the bead of the rim. So no matter what it's going to be a certain percentage of atmospheric air inside the tire.

So it is 5.00 per tire to get the nitrogen put in your new tires or to top off when the tire gets low. So $20.00 for air....

Since you put it that way.... especially when Ivan's hot air is free

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2018
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited October 2018
    Nitrogen vs. air debate kinda reminds of the many cable discussions here! For the record, I use air from my compressor in the garage! :smile:

BTW great Karma @gwh !
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    does this coupon cover alignment
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • gwh
    engtaz wrote: »
    does this coupon cover alignment

No.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• gwh
    Two codes have been claimed one has been redeemed so I have two codes left for 35% off. Codes expire 12/31.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Many thanks to @gwh for this generous offering.

I ordered tires tonight; saved $250 with the code and there was an additional $100 rebate on a set of 4 for the tires I ordered. Not chump change! My 6-year old Michelins were pretty darn sketchy last winter in the snow (I *enjoyed* driving my wife's Odyssey because it would actually go where I pointed it!), so I'm very happy to have picked up some well reviewed all-season tires for my Fusion.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • gwh
    Cool enjoy.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070