Soundbar 6000 two clicks between every song

Options
oneness
oneness Posts: 2
edited October 2018 in Speakers
These clicks happen at the beginning of every track and are directly related to the volume of the soundbar, the louder the soundbar the louder the clicks, so now I have to put my phone on max with the speaker lower so the clicks arent as noticeable, but this means I can only lower the volume from my phone. With the soundbar turned up and my phone turned way down I can barely hear the music, but between songs the clicks are so loud. Any ideas what's going on?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Not heard of those symptoms before, best to call Polk at 1-800-377-7655 option 1 tomorrow.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    edited October 2018
    Options
    oneness wrote: »
    These clicks happen at the beginning of every track and are directly related to the volume of the soundbar, the louder the soundbar the louder the clicks, so now I have to put my phone on max with the speaker lower so the clicks arent as noticeable, but this means I can only lower the volume from my phone. With the soundbar turned up and my phone turned way down I can barely hear the music, but between songs the clicks are so loud. Any ideas what's going on?

The procedure I use when using my phone as a source is to turn the volume up on the phone all the way, or one notch from all the way. Then, I start out low on the speaker/amplifier or whatever I'm using and increase it until it's at the listening level that I want. This method of having your source at max, or close to it, will be the best way to preserve your s/n ratio and result in the best possible sound.

I suggest trying this method and controlling your volume via the soundbar. Hopefully as a result, you won't hear the clicking any more.
  • oneness
    Options
    I figured out that it only happens with my android phone and not with my windows media player off the computer. I feel better knowing it's not an issue with the speaker!