Selling off some gear to start my own business!

trav0810
trav0810 Posts: 1,056
edited October 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I've been working for the same Pest Control company for a while now. The company I work for is family-owned, and I'm the only one not family. So, my labor provides income for three people other than myself. I have decided, it is time to start working for my own future instead of someone else's. I'm trying to start out with as little debt as possible, so, I figure I can start selling some gear I have sitting around, and that will reduce the amount of debt I will actually start with.

I'm not taking and uploading pictures at this time, but if there is any SERIOUS interest on anything, I will gladly post pics.

Sunfire 200 Five Cinema amplifier. This has been refreshed and serviced by Flannery Audio just a few months ago. it has one scratch on the front faceplate. Not noticeable in my dimly-lit living room, but in bright light, you can see it. $750 plus shipping.

Carver C-1 Preamp in great physical condition and freshly recapped. $300 plus shipping.

Adcom 5002 amplifier. Good condition and outperforms it's 50w rating. $100 plus shipping.

Emerald Physics CS 2.7 speakers with EP DSP. the speakers are pretty well Flawless. If there is an issue with them anywhere, I cannot find it. I generally hate to ship any speakers, but these do actually come with their original shipping box and packaging, and seem like they would actually hold up fairly well to shipping. But, like shipping any speaker, it's not going to be cheap.

Feel free to message me with any questions.
The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
Thorens TD320
Modified Carver C-1
Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
Post edited by trav0810 on

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    $20! Seed money.....
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Sounds like a man with a plan. Good luck. Stay strong. Most people do not go for the gusto like you are. Keep us posted on your new journey. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • trav0810
    Good idea Russ! With $20 worth of seeds, I might be able to grow something to make some money! Bwahahahaha!

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • lightman1
    trav0810 wrote: »
    Good idea Russ! With $20 worth of seeds, I might be able to grow something to make some money! Bwahahahaha!

;)
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Not in your industry but I remember when I finally went out on my own.

Best decision I ever made!!!

GOOD LUCK!!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Not in your industry but I remember when I finally went out on my own.

Best decision I ever made!!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Trav and Rocker,
    Stay strong and remain focused....
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    For thoes who might not know that sunfire amp, you can use it to bi-amp your speakers. Do not be afraid to use it as a 2 channel and bi-amp your speakers with it and just don't hook up the 5th channel to anything.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • trav0810
    edited October 2018
    erniejade wrote: »
    For thoes who might not know that sunfire amp, you can use it to bi-amp your speakers. Do not be afraid to use it as a 2 channel and bi-amp your speakers with it and just don't hook up the 5th channel to anything.

That's actually what I used it for, to bi-amp the Emerald Physics speakers. Gives you 400 watts to each speaker, and Sunfire power is a power all its own. That amp drove a pair of Kappa 8's with absolutely no problem. Definitely my favorite of Bob Carver's designs.

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • lightman1
    Travis...
    May I have a listening session beforehand?
  • trav0810
    edited October 2018
    DSkip wrote: »
    Congrats Travis! I wish there was another way to fund it but I get it completely. Hats off to you on the new endeavor!

PS - I have some resources in my library that might be of assistance. I'm no expert but if you do have general questions I'd love to help however I can.

I don't have enough room for more than one system at a time. So, I just kind of have to swap it in and out anyway.

And thank you very much. I will certainly get with you!

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • trav0810
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Travis...
    May I have a listening session beforehand?

Thought you were coming by this past weekend?

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    A thought from a been-there-done-that-made-it-worker: Zero interest credit card transfers are your friend.

Best of luck -
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited October 2018
    I'd really like the Adcom. Great price. Was looking for one to bridge for my center channel. If you still have it at the end of the week I may take it.

Good luck with everything!
  • lightman1
    Oi!
    Say the word!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I’ve wondered about Carver’s sonic holography technology. Can you share some of your impressions?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • lightman1
    verb wrote: »
    I’ve wondered about Carver’s sonic holography technology. Can you share some of your impressions?

Its....... Good.
    There is a good part of SH that holds tight against a pair of Amazings.It
    It is a separation fromilfe

• trav0810

I find it to be a more "aggressive" SDA effect. it's benefit, in my opinion, is that instead of really relying on room Acoustics and lay out, it corrects them.

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • trav0810
    CH46E wrote: »
    I'd really like the Adcom. Great price. Was looking for one to bridge for my center channel. If you still have it at the end of the week I may take it.

Good luck with everything!

Just let me know!

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • trav0810
    The Emerald Physics have been sold!

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Good for you pal, glad to see someone with that spirit to make themselves richer, than spending a lifetime enriching others. All the best, not as easy as many think, but the rewards are plenty.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    PM sent amp!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • trav0810
    The Carver C-1 has been sold!

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • verb

Thank goodness! I was coveting that thing. Wanted to check out the sonic holography! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

Thank goodness! I was coveting that thing. Wanted to check out the sonic holography! :smile:

It's not all it's cracked up to be. I have it on my Carver C16. SDA is much better. IMHO all it does is move the vocals further to the rear behind the band.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

I've got one sitting in my rack lol......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • verb
    Too many enablers here! :smile:
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited October 2018
    Too many enablers here! :smile:

So buy it and I can’t enable you further :wink:

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • trav0810
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

It's not all it's cracked up to be. I have it on my Carver C16. SDA is much better. IMHO all it does is move the vocals further to the rear behind the band.

I find that SDA is very room and placement dependent. SH actually overcomes room deficiency.

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • trav0810

if you are considering trying Sonic hologram, you can actually buy a standalone C9 unit. you can either put it in a processor Loop, or place it between your current preamp and amplifier. It's certainly a much more affordable way to sample Sonic hologram, and you can use it with any of your existing system. Of one sitting here that is also available. $100 pplis shipping. It's not very big and heavy, so shipping should be 15 bucks.

Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
  • verb
    Thanks for the info! I will give it a thought! :smile: