SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    SDA 2's (side by side tweeters) stock
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,245
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Another fun game taken from the youth....Dodgeballs

mu89vt2afgkf.png

We used to play this at my old school before I was homeschooled, until someone got hurt and ruined it for the rest of us. :wink: He was just as sad as we were, but when you get hit in the face and are given a bloody nose, your parents generally complain.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,245
    Nightfall wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    when you get hit in the face and are given a bloody nose, your parents generally tell you to suck it up before they give you something to cry about.

Fixed that for you.

That’s how my parents work, but apparently not my friends. :tongue:
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,286
    What are the two appendages hanging from your shoulders for?

They're for blocking the ball from hitting your face!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 3,688
    I remember saving the Green Giant labels for one of these babies! Still have it somewhere in the basement. :smile:
    sdfd7mds2o9c.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • KingratKingrat Posts: 74
    Oh yes, and the pleasure of getting hit in the face with one of those balls.
    Cable atheist: They're just trying to get your money like a TV preacher!
    Vinyl system: I'm long done with the snap, crackle, and pop.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,545
    Kingrat wrote: »

Do go on...
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,528
    8haigdog75e7.jpg
    10yghfj5jhfp.jpg
  • KingratKingrat Posts: 74
    Kingrat wrote: »

Do go on...

I was lucky, before puberty kicked in, I was occasionally a victim of the "big kids" who could really throw the ball hard. These were the kids who hit puberty before anyone else. my best friend was one of these kids, and having him "cover" me helped a lot. Finally, at 12, I suddenly was able to throw one at least as hard as anyone else, and it was my turn to get revenge on one kid in particular who targeted me. One of my fondest moments from jr. high, and there weren't many, was when I nailed him one day with a direct hit in the face, then the next day, I did what I had a little talent for, being able to hit a baseball directly at the pitcher. If I could keep hitting foul balls, eventually I would hit one back at the pitcher, head high, and I nailed him in the forehead. Down he went crying, and he had a giant lump on his head the next couple of days. Later on that year, he would finally push me too far and we got into it, and he lost, big time. He never hassled me again.
    Cable atheist: They're just trying to get your money like a TV preacher!
    Vinyl system: I'm long done with the snap, crackle, and pop.
    I faintly remember the pattern from that red dodge ball leaving it's image on a lot of legs and arms.

I just can't remember the image being left on anybody's face though.

We were mostly streetwise city kids from N. Virginia. The good ol' days for sure!
  • michaeljhsda2michaeljhsda2 Posts: 1,855
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's w/ RD0198-1's, Sonicap, Mills
    AI-1 Dreadnought
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 1C's stock
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
  • michaeljhsda2michaeljhsda2 Posts: 1,855
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's w/ RD0198-1's, Sonicap, Mills
    AI-1 Dreadnought
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 1C's stock
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,813
    edited July 15
    I had one of the original Nerf blasters, looked like this:

ff_nerf1b_ss.jpg

You loaded up that front section with 5 or 6 of those foam balls, and then pulled back the orange handle/plunger and rapidly shoved it forward to get a ball to shoot. Air pressure, so the harder and faster you pushed it, the more forceful your shot!
    Got Dayens?
    1960's flashback. I remember our set of these Child Guidance brand railroad pieces were kept in a vintage cardboard King Cole potato chip container. :p

h3n72r5mv7wm.jpg
    ttxcidw9rhyt.jpg
    gkrqg59cghov.jpg
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,094
    Viking64 wrote: »
    1960's flashback. I remember our set of these Child Guidance brand railroad pieces were kept in a vintage cardboard King Cole potato chip container. :p

h3n72r5mv7wm.jpg
    ttxcidw9rhyt.jpg
    gkrqg59cghov.jpg

Nat....? 😉
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android Mi Box3. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

Willow wrote: »
    Nat....? 😉

I don't know what you mean. :o :p

7l33jjyr6t01.jpg
  • StevieBStevieB Posts: 230
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    when you get hit in the face and are given a bloody nose, your parents generally tell you to suck it up before they give you something to cry about.

Fixed that for you.

Modern day dodge ball prep.

nbo0awb64xgh.png
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 1,986
    Found this while searching for speaker info.

i0adknw6um1t.jpg
    Dig the side car kit...
  • verbverb Posts: 3,688
    Cool! No suspension! I had a similar one from Sears back in the day!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    I can't imagine going hunting with that thing let alone having a dead deer as a passenger.. :D
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 729
    s53wzq295od7.jpeg
    This was a Christmas gift one year. Omg this was it back in the day.
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Dig the side car kit...

It would be great for carrying home stereos and speakers in for sure. But wrapped in a protective blanket, right? :D
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,427
    One of the best Christmas presents I ever got as a child...

s824c6ammctk.jpg
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 729
    fantastic game
    was better than football IMO