SDA radiator question

I got my first pair of SDAs after years of accumulating speakers from the monitor series which I absolutely adore. I'm just wondering if my SDAs are modified.
The passive radiator has a thin layer of a soft foam like material stuck on it.

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    dankHugzNY wrote: »
    I got my first pair of SDAs after years of accumulating speakers from the monitor series which I absolutely adore. I'm just wondering if my SDAs are modified.

If you could post a picture that could help however I believe SOME of the SDA models had a laminate on the passive.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • I'll post a pic when I get home. They are the 2A.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    First run had a soft foam like layer and a lot of them bubbled. The bubbling didn't affect the performance just looked bad. I personally do not know of any that completely fell off because of it, it just looked terrible
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    dankHugzNY wrote: »

That's the way they are supposed to be.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2 wrote: »
    First run had a soft foam like layer and a lot of them bubbled. The bubbling didn't affect the performance just looked bad. I personally do not know of any that completely fell off because of it, it just looked terrible

Now that you mention it I do remember seeing some for sale over the years that looked like the radiator was bubbling.

I'm fortunate mine aren't doing that, the dude that sold them took incredibly good care of them and even had the prestine owners manual and original boxes!