For Sale - DALI Zensor I Bookshelf Speakers

These are very attractive quality real wood veneer Danish speakers, anybody familiar with Dynaudio knows how well the Danes build speakers. I bought these from a Polkie some years back who brought them back in his checked luggage from across the pond he liked them so much, (his Scandinavian friends wrote some friendly stuff on the back of the speakers.) I never intended to sell them but I just have too many speakers. In very nice shape. Characteristic of Danish speakers, the sound from these little bookies will not disappoint, the bottom end is surprisingly strong and the highs are delicious. $250 in my pocket. I have the original packaging so will ship CONUS on your dime. Located in Central Wisconsin. 100 posts minimum good standing Polkies only.

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I've used these for near field listening with truly excellent results. They really light up with power. I've also used them in a 2 channel system connected to my Samsung plasma and Pioneer Elite SC-05 also with quite surprising results.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    I like the writing on the back, gives the speakers some history/personality.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Great seller. Bought my Dynaudio’s from him. They were perfect and sounded amazing. Buy with confidence. I just sold my LsiM 703’s last night. I need these like a hole in the head. Working right now on a place for them and road trip to pick up. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • dromunds
    These are still available. Nice little speaks here.
  • dromunds
    Bump for a pair of fine Danish bookies
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Great seller. Bought my Dynaudio’s from him. They were perfect and sounded amazing. Buy with confidence. I just sold my LsiM 703’s last night. I need these like a hole in the head. Working right now on a place for them and road trip to pick up. Peace. D

Dang it, I was hoping you didn't like them, and then sell them to me for like 4 bones. Great pickup you got there.

I was considering these, but I need something that can throw a bigger picture of sound for a larger room.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pablo_rodz
    pablo_rodz Posts: 331
    edited April 2018
    Wow. Nice looking speakers...

Bump for a great seller!
    Post edited by pablo_rodz on
    HT:
    Projector - JVC HD100, 100" Fixed Screen, A/V Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH, Power Conditioner - Panamax M5300-EX, BluRay - Sony PS3, (2) ADCOM GFA 555 Bridged, Speakers - LSi 15, LSi C, LSi FX, Sub - 12" M&K VX-1250.

Living Room:
    Schiit Saga, Parasound HCA-600, OPPO BDP-103D, LSi7
  • dromunds
    These giant killers are back up for sale for $200 in my pocket, PayPal F&F, cash or check if I know you plus shipping from zip 54407. These are really nice Danish bookies! I used them for near field with my OPPO and Pioneer Elite SC-05 and Samsung plasma and loved them.
  • tonyb
    Bump for some nice speakers. Why are these still here ? 2 bones...seriously ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I would love to try these but I don’t think it’s in the cards for me at the moment. Someone should jump on these quick!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • dromunds
    Yeah, these are very nice speakers. If you like Dynaudio you know how the Danish speakers are sweet. The guy I got them from hauled them all the way from Sweden as carry on. I'm really surprised nobody has bit on these but I've been around long enough to know I shouldn't be surprised. I can't think of a speaker for two bills these won't smoke.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I'm in the same boat as rooftop. I can't think of where I'd use them (if I had the money to spare), but I know they are good stuff.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Ohhhhhhhh k, you talked me in to it. If shipping is a killer I'll take them. PM coming.
  • dromunds
    I'll make sure shipping is a killer. Lol. Kerry has dibs pending shipping quote.
  • kharp1
    I knew I should have been nicer to you back in the day, I just couldn't help myself. It's a sickness.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Thank goodness. I had absolutely no use for them and was about to capitulate. Now I don't have to get *that* look from my wife when another package shows up.

At least the tubes I can sneak into the house!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • kharp1
    That's why I got divorced...so I could feed my habit without feeling the least bit guilty.
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Thank goodness. I had absolutely no use for them and was about to capitulate. Now I don't have to get *that* look from my wife when another package shows up.

At least the tubes I can sneak into the house!

Ha! Yes, tubes are REALLY easy to sneak past the wife into the house. Speakers etc not so much. I have had pretty good success though, moving things in when she is not home and sometimes it takes weeks before she realizes that there is more equipment in the house.
  • tonyb
    Atta boy Kerry. Pretty soon you and Russ are gonna have to open a joint warehouse.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kharp1
    Interactive museum
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Interactive museum

Sounds like a viable option, Kerry
  • kharp1
    Seriously, we could set it up as a museum and go tax free.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Seriously, we could set it up as a museum and go tax free.

I like your style...
  • dromunds
    These are sold and shipped. Thank you and may they bring a smile to your face.
  • dromunds
    I’m glad you got them. I really dug those little babies, and I was very surprised they didn’t get snapped up right away. As I said, the Polkie I got them from liked them so much he carried them all the way from Scandinavia. Just a really, really nice speaker.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
  • kharp1
    I wondered if that was the Sean the writing was referring to. Not enough to do any further research, but, that's because I'm lazy.

I largely agree with his review, good imaging. I feel my system is fairly neutral and I feel the same that upper mids could have a bit more meat. One of the first thing's I noticed, but, as I've listened a second day, granted only 30 minutes each day, I have to say I'm noticing it less. They've done a good job of presenting the bass. As I mentioned earlier, it's not a substitute for a full range or sub, but, it does dig acceptably deep and never misrepresents it. No bloat, no hump I've picked up, yet. For a desktop or small space system they are somewhat over achievers, especially considering the pre owned price.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    When I went to adelfi in Singapore, out of the hundreds of brands on display, Dali was the only one that impressed me. Really the best, regardless of price on display (in those systems)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.