Thoughts and Prayers for our Florida Polkies

verbverb Posts: 3,702
jntu3ce207g0.png
Wishing you Florida Polkies all the best. Be safe! Thoughts and Prayers out to you!
Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,246
    We missed this one, although we will get some heavy rain tonight.
    Praying for any Polkies in the panhandle.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • verbverb Posts: 3,702
    Good to hear Micah! Was thinking about you!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 4,308
    I hope @george daniel is ok
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,527
    Hoping the best for ya'll.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• MilitoMilito Posts: 175
    Stay safe!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Polk S55, S30, PSW505, Sony BPD-S3200, Technics PD867, Audio-Technica AT-LP60, AudioQuest Type 4 Speaker Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Amp, Sony KDS-50A3000.
  • RicardoRicardo Posts: 10,504
    George Daniel is in Panama City. I know from FB they are ok with minimal damage to the house. Hope everyone else is safe!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • decaldecal Posts: 3,092
    I dodged a bullet on this one. Got the outer bands of the west side.Thinking about those less fortunate. This one turned bad quick.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 301
    I hope the best for all of the panhandle and people. One of my favorite places on earth with great people and the best beaches.

In the early 60's, my dad and I used to go to fishing in Destin when there were only a few small hotels.

I left Dauphin Island Alabama about noon on Tuesday and the waves were already big then. And, Dauphin Island is way west of the hurricane strike.
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,403
    Prayers for you folks...
    Transport: Oppo BDP-103/USB HDD | Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2L | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Signal Cable XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; Belden 1694A Dig Coax | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
  • machonemachone Posts: 1,017
    What a monster! I pray everyone is ok.
    Mojo Audio Joule v5>>Quantum Byte w/JRiver 24 and Fidelizer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts PA-6 Elite Mod)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modified)...SDA-1A (Fully Modified with Dimensional Tweeter Delete)
    1KVA Dreadnought
    Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,246
    We briefly got some heavy rain last night, but that was it for us. Praying for all the people affected up north.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,256
    I have not gotten word about my place in Panama city beach yet. Several friends said soon as the road is cleared they are going to check on it for me. My tenant evacuated on Tuesday.
    What i do know is no power, curfew laws in effect, water boil order and Verizon does not have service.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,207
    erniejade wrote: »
    I have not gotten word about my place in Panama city beach yet. Several friends said soon as the road is cleared they are going to check on it for me. My tenant evacuated on Tuesday.
    What i do know is no power, curfew laws in effect, water boil order and Verizon does not have service.

I hope for the best my friend
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,301
    edited October 11

I am in awe of what I've seen today on the news and the weather Channel of the damage that was done by Hurricane Michael. :o

Especially Mexico Bch. Florida. Wow. And the eye didn't hit it or Panama Bch. either but what destruction. I saw one picture of the Air Force Base the eye went over and it looked bad. :#

I was talking to my back neighbor about H. Michael and I told her Florida was lucky so far since it came inland BETWEEN the two Cities I mentioned above and it was a desolate area. The news thought it would slow down after hitting land too. BUT IT DIDN'T!
    It turned out to be the 3rd largest Hurricane to hit the US since 1825 I believe. WOW!

I pray for the thousands that lost everything and thoughts and prayers go out to those who lost loved ones.

The storm has reached us here in Wilm. NC. today and I'll tell you, these wind bands are STRONG and bringing back the recent bad memories and feeling of Dred I just went through a few weeks ago. :# I can't imagine what people went through who stayed on the Panhandle of Florida to weather this MONSTER out.

I heard 110 MPH wind gusts a few weeks ago. I might've soiled myself if 155+MPH. winds were blowing on my house and I was in it too. I saw a guy say it was like a JET engine blowing through the trees and air. I can actually imagine it after hearing multiple big airliners flying over my house as usual today. 110 MPH wind is an awful sound and that was the scarcest I've ever been during a hurricane. I thought my house was going to be lifted up.

Seeing Mexico Bch. aerial videos shows me there were hundreds of homes lifted up by wind and the tidal surge and disintegrated. I pray nobody was in them. :'(

WOW!

The wind is howling now and my little Oak tree at the back porch is swaying like it did a few weeks ago. I wonder if it will succumb to the remnants of Michael? :/ I'm sure the root system is loose now by the the way the bird bath is leaning toward the tree now. It was level before H. Florence blew thru.
    u5rcwm4y6w90.png
    2dfd7xfblh70.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,462
    Tyndall AFB took a hit from both sides of the eye. From many pictures I have seem, many buildings and aircraft not able to be moved look to have been completely destroyed, or severely damaged.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• Tony MTony M Posts: 6,301
    edited October 11
    I'll probably see more pics of Tyndall AFB if I put it on the Weather Channel. Thanks for informing me more. ;)

We just had a huge wind gust again. Wow, it had to be SUPER STRONG down in Florida and then Georgia! Especially on the AFB! WOW. :o :s

PS. I did take our flag off the pole earlier since the gusts were starting to whip it very hard. I'll put it back up tomorrow morn. for sure.

I switched to Weather channel a second ago and I'm seeing a whole friken line of train sections that was blown over and off of it's wheels and some cars WITH the wheels still attached. WOW, what wind force could've done that? I've never heard of that happening I don't think. Just WOW!!

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    I heard that damage to the base alone is in the billions.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

I sent George Daniel a message on here but no reply back yet. If he didn't evacuate, he won't have power. He has a house in Panama city beach also.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200

• heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,892
    I sent George Daniel a message on here but no reply back yet. If he didn't evacuate, he won't have power. He has a house in Panama city beach also.

His daughter posted on FB that they are ok. Not sure of the extent of damage, but I'm guessing a lot.

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 5,560
    Mexiico Beach FL was ground zero is devastated wow.... Prayers on the way...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/drone-footage-shows-decimated-michael-ravaged-mexico-beach-florida-n919061
    HT:Polk LSiM 706 LSiM 705's VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's| Marantz AV7702 | Sunfire TGA-7401 | Oppo BDP-103D | Sony PS4 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 64" Plasma | SVS PB13 Ultra | MIT EXP 2's (Fronts & Center)

ManCave: Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | Marantz AV7004 AV PrePro | Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's | Usher BE-616 Center | SVS Ultra Surrounds | SVS SB4000 Sub |Oppo UDP 203 | MIT Shotgun S3's | Marantz SA8004 SACD | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | HP Elite Slice PC | Samsung 50" SUHD TV | Sony PS4 Pro

Patio Polk Atrium 8's |Marantz 2252B |

Office Bluesound Node2 | Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | Marantz 2385 |

Bedroom Peactree Nova 125SE | Focal 905's | Bluesound Node | SVS SB2000 Sub

Garage Yamaha R-N303BL | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP2K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's |
  • verbverb Posts: 3,702
    heiney9 wrote: »

His daughter posted on FB that they are ok. Not sure of the extent of damage, but I'm guessing a lot.

H9

Thanks for the heads up.

12wr85gasmgl.jpg

• NotaSuvNotaSuv Posts: 2,577

tyndall was devastated as was the area around it.....prayers out to all who have been effected by this beast of a storm
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 1,244
    Wow, hope everyone makes it through safe.
  • CoolJazzCoolJazz Posts: 510
    I am very glad to hear that George is ok. Thanks for passing along that word!

Hope he and his lovely bride can get things fixed back up and then get moved back north where it's safer! Seems like every year we have to worry if his pool is becoming part of a much bigger pool.

CJ
    A so called science type proudly says... "I do realize that I would fool myself all the time, about listening conclusions and many other observations, if I did listen before buying. That’s why I don’t, I bought all of my current gear based on technical parameters alone, such as specs and measurements."
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,207
    How many countries will line up to send aid and help like we do for them?

Guessing NONE!
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,351
    Total destruction prayers go out to all that were affected by this disaster.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • StevieBStevieB Posts: 232
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.